LifeintheRed

Your Final X Picks and what they place at Worlds . . .

Well I am picking with extreme optimism, so judge accordingly  

Gilman, Bronze

Colon, Bronze

Yianni, Silver

Green, Bronze

JB, Gold

KD, Gold

DT, Gold

Cox, Gold

SnyderMan, Gold

Gwiz, Bronze

Well I am picking with extreme optimism, so judge accordingly  

Gilman, Bronze

Colon, Bronze

Yianni, Silver

Green, Bronze

JB, Gold

KD, Gold

DT, Gold

Cox, Gold

SnyderMan, Gold

Gwiz, Bronze

Nobody misses the podium, I like it!!!!!

Give me Fix at 57kg

And Ringer over Dynamite.

I might be a little more conservative on the placements but I like your enthusiasm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Fix - dnp up to silver. I’ll go bronze  

Colon - dnp

yianni - silver

Green - dnp

JB - gold

Dake - gold (total guess. He hasn’t wrestled in a year. Wouldn’t be surprised if Ringer made the team)

Taylor - gold (unless his injury prevents him? If he still has his pace he wins worlds, but given the injury who knows)

jden - gold (another world gold that might lose their starting spot!)

snyder - silver (being honest here. Really hope I’m wrong)

Steveson - bronze (I know I know. Gwiz will prob win. Either way bronze)

so 8/10 medalists, 6/10 finalists, 4 gold. 

The big unknown is who makes the team. If DT and Dake are injured, we can throw this out the window. We might still medal at 79, but we have almost no chance at 86 without Taylor

Fix - Bronze (Gilman also a top 3 guy, obviously)

Colon - Bronze

Yianni - Gold

Green - Silver

JB - Gold

Ringer - Silver (If Dake is healthy he will be the rep and repeat. If he's off a beat ringer can get him)

DT - Gold

Cox- Gold

Snyder - Gold (I like him over Sadulaev in any match that doesnt end early)

Gwiz - Silver (Gable could be a top 3 guy as well if he wins the spot.) 

Edited by iGranby

57kg: Fix-Silver/Bronze, a lot depends on draw.  He could win it or DNP, but pending draw I see him losing once.

61kg: Graff-Bronze/DNP, a similar performance to Colon is expected.  It depends on the draw

65kg: YD-Gold/Bronze, I think Otoguro or Bajrang can beat him.  If he is on Oto's side, he loses, but if he is on Bajrang's side he make make the finals.  Oto is a bad matchup for him, as history has proven.  If Oto and Bajrang are somehow on the same side, then Bajrang beating Oto gives YD the shot at gold.  Again, as with all matches, it appears that the draw will factor in heavily.

70kg: Deakin-Bronze/DNP, Call me crazy.  Deakin will do what he did a few years ago at Juniors and surprise some folks after beating Green in the Bo3. I feel it in my jellies.

74kg: Burroughs-Silver/Bronze, Burroughs could win it all or not place, but Gadz dropping to 74kg makes me favor whatever Russian wins the 74 spot.

79kg: Dake-Gold, I am assuming we see a healthy Dake at worlds.  He is the best, especially with his nemesis dropping to 74kg, yeah? If Dake is unhealthy and Ringer goes, then Ringer still wins it.

86kg: Taylor-Gold/Bronze, I have a bad feeling him and Yazdani are the 2/3 seeds(as it looks).  Once again Erdin looks to be the one seed and will be entirely outclassed against whichever one makes it.  If Taylor isn't hurt his pace should win it for him again.

92kg: Cox-Gold, and at this point he is as head and shoulders above the field as Dake is and was last year.  He may have a Cox style match or two, but he seems to have taken his body awareness to a whole new level.  He will beat Bo, despite my constant trolling(which is just to rile you fine folk).  If by some miracle(calling it that at this point) Nickal does win, he won't be able to contest an entire tournament with the international physicality that Cox could.  Styles make matches and Cox is a surefire gold, whereas while Nickal could beat Cox, he will get beat on at worlds right now.

97kg: Snyder-Silver/DNP, Let's be honest, he does his best on the big stage, but has a huge redemption mountain to climb, and not just due to his performance in the finals at worlds last year.  If him and Sad are on the same side, I could see something similar to Burrough's performance at the '16 Oly Games happening to Cap'n.  I don't see him touching Sad right now. As hard as that is to realize.

125kg: Steveson-Gold, I am going to give Steveson credit where credit is due.  Nobody has done to Coon what he did to Coon yesterday in Freestyle since age groups.  Now either Coon was off or Steveson has hit his stride.  I am going with the latter, at this point.  Not going to doubt him.  That Steveson beats Gwiz via being better in every area.  The impressive thing that we saw, that Gwiz hasn't been able to show us on the world level, is that he handled a 285lb+ man as if he wasn't 285lbs.

57kg: Fix-Silver/Bronze, a lot depends on draw.  He could win it or DNP, but pending draw I see him losing once.

61kg: Graff-Bronze/DNP, a similar performance to Colon is expected.  It depends on the draw

65kg: YD-Gold/Bronze, I think Otoguro or Bajrang can beat him.  If he is on Oto's side, he loses, but if he is on Bajrang's side he make make the finals.  Oto is a bad matchup for him, as history has proven.  If Oto and Bajrang are somehow on the same side, then Bajrang beating Oto gives YD the shot at gold.  Again, as with all matches, it appears that the draw will factor in heavily.

70kg: Deakin-Bronze/DNP, Call me crazy.  Deakin will do what he did a few years ago at Juniors and surprise some folks after beating Green in the Bo3. I feel it in my jellies.

74kg: Burroughs-Silver/Bronze, Burroughs could win it all or not place, but Gadz dropping to 74kg makes me favor whatever Russian wins the 74 spot.

79kg: Dake-Gold, I am assuming we see a healthy Dake at worlds.  He is the best, especially with his nemesis dropping to 74kg, yeah? If Dake is unhealthy and Ringer goes, then Ringer still wins it.

86kg: Taylor-Gold/Bronze, I have a bad feeling him and Yazdani are the 2/3 seeds(as it looks).  Once again Erdin looks to be the one seed and will be entirely outclassed against whichever one makes it.  If Taylor isn't hurt his pace should win it for him again.
92kg: Cox-Gold, and at this point he is as head and shoulders above the field as Dake is and was last year.  He may have a Cox style match or two, but he seems to have taken his body awareness to a whole new level.  He will beat Bo, despite my constant trolling(which is just to rile you fine folk).  If by some miracle(calling it that at this point) Nickal does win, he won't be able to contest an entire tournament with the international physicality that Cox could.  Styles make matches and Cox is a surefire gold, whereas while Nickal could beat Cox, he will get beat on at worlds right now.

97kg: Snyder-Silver/DNP, Let's be honest, he does his best on the big stage, but has a huge redemption mountain to climb, and not just due to his performance in the finals at worlds last year.  If him and Sad are on the same side, I could see something similar to Burrough's performance at the '16 Oly Games happening to Cap'n.  I don't see him touching Sad right now. As hard as that is to realize.

125kg: Steveson-Gold, I am going to give Steveson credit where credit is due.  Nobody has done to Coon what he did to Coon yesterday in Freestyle since age groups.  Now either Coon was off or Steveson has hit his stride.  I am going with the latter, at this point.  Not going to doubt him.  That Steveson beats Gwiz via being better in every area.  The impressive thing that we saw, that Gwiz hasn't been able to show us on the world level, is that he handled a 285lb+ man as if he wasn't 285lbs.
Disagreed with points here and there,
Like: I think Colon handles Graff
Gable stilll aways from gold
Deakin isn't beating Green 2x
Etc etc... however.... enjoyed the write up overall. A+

On 5/20/2019 at 9:47 AM, nhs67 said:

So , I hope this happens . But everyone places and we get  4 gold metals . wow! 

No matter what, I am picking Burroughs to win Gold. He loves the odd years!

- 2011: Gold as a rookie.

- 2012: Gold

- 2013: Gold with a broken ankle

- 2014: Bronze with a bad knee

- 2015: Gold in Vegas

- 2016: DNP

- 2017: Gold in Paris

- 2018: Bronze

- 2019: IT WILL BE GOLD :)

57kg: Fix, best case: Bronze, Worst Case: DNP

61kg: Colon, best case: Bronze, Worst Case: DNP

65kg: Yianni, best case: Bronze, Worst Case: DNP. Bajrang/Otoguro/Rashidov or Ramonov have edge over Yianni. Since Yianni is not seeded in UWW yet, its very likely he will run into one of them prior to Semis, if he can get through he will win Bronze, if not DNP.

70kg: Green, best case: Bronze, Worst Case: DNP

74kg: JB, best case: Bronze, Worst Case: DNP. As we know, Sidakov and Chamizo are threats. I have a feeling Chamizo is going to come back strong. Based on the UWW seedings so far, both Sidakov and JB will be on opposite sides, but i think Chamizo would fall into JB's side and I am taking Chamizo over JB, thus Bronze. 

79kg: Dake,  Gold

86kg: DT, best case: Gold, Worst Case: Bronze. It entirely depends on how serious DT's injury is, but I am hoping he will be fine by Worlds. I also have feeling that he might ask for later wrestle-off for Final X with PD III

97kg: Snyder, best case: Silver, Worst Case: DNP.  We are going to see Snyderlaev III. I am taking Sadulaev over Snyder. In fact, I am also very interested to see how Aliksandar Hushtyn (BLR) is going to play againts Snyder. Hushtyn gave a tough match to Sadulaev in this years European Championships finals. Here is the video: 

125kg: Gwiz, best case: Bronze, Worst Case: DNP

Edited by freestyle_fan
wrong spelling