Not only that, he poked Downey in the eye, had hands to the face and numerous headbutts. He tried to muscle the wrong guy, got handled and then not only doesn't shake hands, but calls his opponent a 'punk'.  He deserved what he got. 

3 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

The worst of it was throwing Downey into the table. That doesn’t excuse PD3’s behavior but I’ve seen guys disqualified for less. 

J'Den Cox in college would agree.

Come on... we've all seen much worse, this wasn't a big deal.  The match got pretty chippy with the head ties and we had a little extra-curricular after the breaks and the end of the match, but nobody did anything seriously out of line.  No punches, no off-the-mat altercation after the fact.  

Both guys were in the wrong.  Heflin already apologized for getting a little out of hand.  Downey's tweets are the only thing keeping this a "thing."

Edited by steamboat_charlie v2

5 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Come on... we've all seen much worse, this wasn't a big deal.  The match got pretty chippy with the head ties and we had a little extra-curricular after the breaks and the end of the match, but nobody did anything seriously out of line.  No punches, no off-the-mat altercation after the fact.  

Both guys were in the wrong.  Heflin already apologized for getting a little out of hand.  Downey's tweets are the only thing keeping this a "thing."

He's all about the hype

believe it or not, PDIII seems to have toned it down a bit, as evidenced by this recent tweet RE: the "b.s." 

22 minutes ago, gromit said:

He's all about the hype

believe it or not, PDIII seems to have toned it down a bit, as evidenced by this recent tweet RE: the "b.s." 

He had a number of other tweets before that one, but I agree in the past you wouldn't have seen this out of the guy.  Glad he's doing well.  My point was only that both parties were in the wrong and if they just drop it it'll die.  

Their next matchup will be appointment viewing... that's for sure.  

13 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

The worst of it was throwing Downey into the table. That doesn’t excuse PD3’s behavior but I’ve seen guys disqualified for less. 

speaking of... no one really talked about taking that 4 away from heflin.

I thought it was a good throw. Why did the ref, if he blew his whistle, give 4? why wasn't he saying no points... I dont think he blew his whistle.

Heflin put out a pretty heartfelt apology.  I think we've all been there on the mat before; good on him for having some perspective afterwards.

"I want to apologise to everyone for some of the antics that went on in that match. It's not who I am or what I stand for. Thankful to Christ for the opportunity to compete. #BoomerSooner" -@TheDarkHorse197

Edited by GoNotQuietly