CoachWrestling

Taylor is definitely banged up

I’m no doctor but I think odds are pretty good that if his injury was severe enough to keep him out of world’s in September it’d require surgery and we’d have heard by now. Taylor can delay the wrestle-off with Downey until “before the departure for the 2019 world team acclimation camp” so he has until early September to get his knee right. That would 4+ months from BTS.

12 hours ago, CoachWrestling said:

If the injury was not serious and he was fine to compete at or near 100%, we’d be hearing about it. I would guess he’s got a pretty serious injury but will try to wrestle through it. 

If the injury was serious and he was not fine to compete at or near 100%, we’d not be hearing about it. I would guess he’s got a pretty none serious injury but will not try to wrestle through it.

13 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

I heard Taylor strained his Funny Bone and bruised his humerous so won't be laughing his way to a win.

You must be joking ;)

Pat Downey just posted on Twitter that Dake and Taylor are both requesting special wrestle offs - delaying the event.  Not sure about Dake but he hasn't competed since the world championships last year either.  

As much as I'd love to see DT at Worlds, I hope he does what's best for his body and well-being if he's still injured. Even if he wins the WT spot, I'd hate to see him risk worsening his injury against even more brutal competition at Worlds. It could cost him a shot at OTTs next year. He needs to keep his eyes on the prize.

He will have a time of it making the Olympic team.  Dake, Cox, Ringer to name a few.  I'm not saying he doesn't make it, but it will just be tougher.  In agreement that he needs to heal properly first. 

mspart

8 hours ago, pamela said:

As much as I'd love to see DT at Worlds, I hope he does what's best for his body and well-being if he's still injured. Even if he wins the WT spot, I'd hate to see him risk worsening his injury against even more brutal competition at Worlds. It could cost him a shot at OTTs next year. He needs to keep his eyes on the prize.

Could be precautionary but that is potentially terrible news. Two world champs not 100% really sucks ass. 

On 5/20/2019 at 10:15 AM, BobDole said:

I talked to Dr. Pat Mineo and he said Taylor had a torn medulla oblongata. His career may be done.

This is very matter of fact for such a serious conclusion. Is this for real?