Sign in to follow this  
Billyhoyle

Wrestle Documentary

12 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Thanks for the heads up!  Looks like it’s on at 10PM.  I first tried searching “wrestle” but it didn’t come up since the official name is “independent lens”

The name of the documentary is wrestle, but the program on PBS that airs documentaries is called independent lens. Thanks for adding the time. 

Watched this about a month ago. Its pretty good. Not quite as good as "Takedowns and Falls" if you're looking for something that's a bit more focused on the actual wrestling.

The narrative that "Wrestle" provides is very good though. 

15 hours ago, iGranby said:

Watched this about a month ago. Its pretty good. Not quite as good as "Takedowns and Falls" if you're looking for something that's a bit more focused on the actual wrestling.

The narrative that "Wrestle" provides is very good though. 

"Winning Girl" (Teshya Alo) on PBS's America Reframed a few years ago was also great.

12 hours ago, Keisha_Phillips said:

What happened to Alo?  Haven't seen her name in a while

I’m not 100% sure but I think she went the family route and had a couple of kids, plus she’d been training her sister Teniya, who is also a hammer. I don’t know if her wrestling and judo goals have changed but I seem to remember a news blurb not too long ago about her working out with some ppl from the men’s and women’s national team, so maybe we’ll see her back on the mat soon.