Jimmy Cinnabon

I think Downey can do it

39 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

A turkey named after fabric softener with a daddy that is toxic waste in print and in person has no chance of beating a Penn State Standout.

All the time away from wrestling while getting his 19th PhD...

His talent is undeniable.  Imagine how good he would be if totally 100% focused on wrestling and living a clean lifestyle.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

His talent is undeniable.  Imagine how good he would be if totally 100% focused on wrestling and living a clean lifestyle.

Rather than what?

He is too far behind in development at this point to catch Taylor.  Injury or not.

Had he focused the way he is now and not let his attitude effect his development at CRUCIAL points in his career, he might have had a chance.

Not now.

Unfortunately for him and those who care for him.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

He drives on proving the doubters wrong.

I'm going out on a limb here, I know.  But I am calling my shot now.

Well, if he can challenge him, truly challenge a healthy DT, then he is a world medalist threat.

He can't, though, and I'm not going to doubt his abilities, obviously he has the jellies. I doubt he has what it takes to take out the best in the world, even hurt.  That isn't a knock on Thugmaster.  That is providing respect where it is due, in David Taylor.  The skill and performance gaps are massive.

36 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Want to bet? I’ll take Taylor. If Taylor takes the mat he wins plain and simple. 

I will bet that Taylor will not win.  This means if he does not take the mat I win the bet.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Yes.  And the same for you?

I accept this wager for the good of the board.  I hope you do the honorable thing and never post here again (under your current screen name or sock puppet(s)) when David Taylor beats PD3 at Final X Rutgers on June 8.  

1 minute ago, ShakaAloha said:

I accept this wager for the good of the board.  I hope you do the honorable thing and never post here again (under your current screen name or sock puppet(s)) when David Taylor beats PD3 at Final X Rutgers on June 8.  

And if David Taylor either does not compete, or loses at Final X you shall retire forever.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

And if David Taylor either does not compete, or loses at Final X you shall retire forever.

I agree to this wager.  

I just want to clarify a couple things:  (1) If Taylor wrestles at Final X and beats PD3 in their best of 3 to make the World Team, but withdraws from Worlds (and PD3 wrestles at Worlds as the alternate)...you still lose.  (2) If Taylor requests a special wrestle off at a later date and beats PD3 to make the World Team, I win and you lose.

Edited by ShakaAloha
Clarification

2 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

I agree to this wager.  

I just want to clarify one thing:  If Taylor wrestles at Final X and beats PD3 in their best of 3 to make the World Team, but withdraws from Worlds (and PD3 wrestles at Worlds as the alternate)...you still lose.  

OK.  I also want to clarify that Taylor must beat Downey in a best of a 3 at Final X at Rutgers on June 8.  If he wrestles Downey at a different time (earlier or later), you lose.

Just now, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

OK.  I also want to clarify that Taylor must beat Downey in a best of a 3 at Final X at Rutgers on June 8.  If he wrestles Downey at a different time (earlier or later), you lose.

I edited this a minute ago (before you posted to address this).  It's who wins the wrestle off to make the World Team.

7 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

I edited this a minute ago (before you posted to address this).  It's who wins the wrestle off to make the World Team.

No deal then.  Taylor has to beat Downey on June 8.  A big part of my bet is knowing Taylor is hurt.

Just now, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

No deal then.  Taylor has to beat Downey on June 8.  A big part of my bet is knowing Taylor is hurt.

Ok, that's fine.  The title of your topic/thread is: "I think Downey can do it."  I interpret "do it" to mean make the US World Team in 2019.  I am 100% confident that David Taylor will win the wrestle off to become the US rep on the 2019 World Team at 86kg, whether it is at Final X Rutgers or a special wrestle off at a later date.  

Just now, ShakaAloha said:

Ok, that's fine.  The title of your topic/thread is: "I think Downey can do it."  I interpret "do it" to mean make the US World Team in 2019.  I am 100% confident that David Taylor will win the wrestle off to become the US rep on the 2019 World Team at 86kg, whether it is at Final X Rutgers or a special wrestle off at a later date.  

Obviously a 100% DT is going to beat Downey.  I think given DT's injury and being less than 100% Downey could take him.  So yeah, the timing is a key component of my position.  Oh well.  Bet's off I guess.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Obviously a 100% DT is going to beat Downey.  I think given DT's injury and being less than 100% Downey could take him.  So yeah, the timing is a key component of my position.  Oh well.  Bet's off I guess.

If he has a serious knee injury, it shouldn't matter if the wrestle off is on June 8 or at a later date.  An injured DT will still beat PD3.  The only way DT loses is if he chooses to sit out due to the injury.

An 80% David Taylor wins comfortably over Downey. 

A 100% David Taylor techs or pins Downey... repeatedly.

Downey has had an incredible run this season.  I think we can argue that Downey had some luck on his side through the US Open and WTT.  (i.e. Beating MyMar after being down by 7, due to MyMar "giving up", is a great example of what happened, but probably wouldn't happen a majority of the time).  We can argue semantics, but Downey is not someone that I'm excited to see as the US Representative at 86kg at the World Championships.  He embodies everything that is "bad" for the USA (outside looking in), and the rest of the world will call it out and then proceed to beat him.

An 80% David Taylor wins comfortably over Downey. 
A 100% David Taylor techs or pins Downey... repeatedly.
Downey has had an incredible run this season.  I think we can argue that Downey had some luck on his side through the US Open and WTT.  (i.e. Beating MyMar after being down by 7, due to MyMar "giving up", is a great example of what happened, but probably wouldn't happen a majority of the time).  We can argue semantics, but Downey is not someone that I'm excited to see as the US Representative at 86kg at the World Championships.  He embodies everything that is "bad" for the USA (outside looking in), and the rest of the world will call it out and then proceed to beat him.
Is PD3 really that bad?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Is PD3 really that bad?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

He represents everything that the rest of the world dislikes about the United States.  Travel abroad.  Listen to their opinions on what they do like and what they don't.  What they don't like are the Pat Downey type personas.  What they do like are Jordan Burroughs and Kyle Snyder type personas.  See Bajrangs social media exchange with Yianni.  It's respect.  Downey will be a giant villain with the inability to back up with skill on the world stage.