Jimmy Cinnabon

I think Downey can do it

On 5/21/2019 at 11:49 AM, treep2000 said:

He represents everything that the rest of the world dislikes about the United States.  Travel abroad.  Listen to their opinions on what they do like and what they don't.  What they don't like are the Pat Downey type personas.  What they do like are Jordan Burroughs and Kyle Snyder type personas.  See Bajrangs social media exchange with Yianni.  It's respect.  Downey will be a giant villain with the inability to back up with skill on the world stage. 

Wait, so they don't like PD3 type behavior but they do like our president who represents all of us?

Just now, teach said:

Wait, so they don't like PD3 type behavior but they do like our president who represents all of us?

This sir is the quote of the year

1 hour ago, teach said:

Why must you bring politics into this?  This sir... is NOT the quote of the year, but rather, a horrific troll job.  

I mentioned nothing of politics.  I mention only how the world views Americans, especially through all of my travels and living abroad.  If you want to bring politics into this thread, the moderator will kill the thread.  But... maybe that's your intention.  

I'm asking, in the name of all that is good and proper... do not go there.  No one wins.

14 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

I have no problem with PD3.  Can anyone even recall a card being pulled on him?  Taylor? His sportsmanship is well vetted.

Did Taylor get a card after the Cox matches?  Cael?

On 5/22/2019 at 10:13 AM, teach said:

I don't think he was talking about Russia/North Korea. 

I can't wait for Downey to win a medal. It will be the ultimate troll job to force Taylor vs Cox to make the best of 3.  

I don't think he was talking about Russia/North Korea. 

I can't wait for Downey to win a medal. It will be the ultimate troll job to force Taylor vs Cox to make the best of 3.  
Cox will bump up for Snyder. But yes Taylor going through challenge tournament with some talent in it, would be interesting.
Guess he will have to either way.
Could get interesting.

2 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Cox will bump up for Snyder. But yes Taylor going through challenge tournament with some talent in it, would be interesting.
Guess he will have to either way.
Could get interesting.

Has he said that he will go up?  Going up to face the #2 P4P wrestler in the world seems like a bad idea compared to competing against Taylor, who will be coming off of his knee injury.  

Has he said that he will go up?  Going up to face the #2 P4P wrestler in the world seems like a bad idea compared to competing against Taylor, who will be coming off of his knee injury.  
Yeah I mean p4p rankings are a real system and not just opinion based so I see your point there, but I guess I just have a feeling.... and he does seem to have fully grown into 92kg and I know he's said the cut wasnt easy for him before. Guess we will see.

2 minutes ago, spladle08 said:
5 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

Yeah I mean p4p rankings are a real system and not just opinion based so I see your point there, but I guess I just have a feeling.... and he does seem to have fully grown into 92kg and I know he's said the cut wasnt easy for him before. Guess we will see.

Huh?  I'm saying that Cox has a much better chance of beating Taylor than he does Snyder.  I'm not basing that off of a P4P ranking, but just the obvious fact that Snyder is much tougher competition for Cox than Taylor.  Sadulaev and Snyder are in a class of their own in the world right now.  

Huh?  I'm saying that Cox has a much better chance of beating Taylor than he does Snyder.  I'm not basing that off of a P4P ranking, but just the obvious fact that Snyder is much tougher competition for Cox than Taylor.  Sadulaev and Snyder are in a class of their own in the world right now.  
I'm going to make a thread about this becuase I've gotten into this argument a lot recently and it surprises me everytime.

Note sorry if my response came across salty. It was salty but it just spewed out

1 hour ago, WillieBoy said:

With David Taylor out due to surgery Downey is our guy. Not a fan but sure hope he pulls it off and comes home with Gold. More than that I hope he doesn't display his normal jackass personna.

Probably needs to start with going completely dark on twitter or any other social media until after Worlds.  Can’t imagine anything he does on there being helpful to his cause.  Heck enough inappropriate comments may get him booted from the team before they even go.  

Edited by MadMardigain

On 5/20/2019 at 2:37 PM, ShakaAloha said:

I accept this wager for the good of the board.  I hope you do the honorable thing and never post here again (under your current screen name or sock puppet(s)) when David Taylor beats PD3 at Final X Rutgers on June 8.  

Looks like I would have won this bet....