Panther78

Transfer Success Stories?

On 5/23/2019 at 12:43 PM, BadgerMon said:

Mark Manning transferred from Nebraska to UNO and took two D-2 titles.

Wrong direction. But, Marcus Levessaur from Minnehaha to DIII Augsburg College where he won 4 titles with a perfect 155-0 record as well as playing Quarterback for the football team for part of  two seasons.

High school and College record was 296-0 and included a HS win over Ben Askren.

Sadly, he never went up in class to wrestler D1 competition so we could see how good he really was on the mat.

On 5/25/2019 at 8:46 AM, ScarletKnight said:

Jarrod king.   Donahoe

Suriano of course 

I don't think it counts as secret NCAA rules prohibit mention of anyone who transfers OUT of Penn State now.

1 hour ago, WillieBoy said:

Wrong direction. But, Marcus Levessaur from Minnehaha to DIII Augsburg College where he won 4 titles with a perfect 155-0 record as well as playing Quarterback for the football team for part of  two seasons.

High school and College record was 296-0 and included a HS win over Ben Askren.

Sadly, he never went up in class to wrestler D1 competition so we could see how good he really was on the mat.

Marcus had some losses  in high school.  One loss in 9th grade, and 11 losses between 7-8th grade, which is considered high school in Minnesota.

37 minutes ago, headshuck said:

I thought he beat a decent D1 wrestler for a title somewhere his senior season? I want to say Baker? Parker?

I seem to remember him beating Matt Nagel (5x Class A champ) during the regular season, when they were both Seniors.

On 5/27/2019 at 11:54 AM, WillieBoy said:

I don't think it counts as secret NCAA rules prohibit mention of anyone who transfers OUT of Penn State now.

I know this thread was meant to talk about other divisions but it was the closest I could find...

Saw George Carpenter former PSU 133 was now wrestling 157 for Chattanooga