Sign in to follow this  
CA_Wrestler

NY RTC always having good guys in there..

23 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I’m a little surprised by it, but it’s great to see Yianni and Bajrang practicing together days after they wrestled. 

They were pretty respectful to each other after the match on social media, so I'm not that surprised.

26 minutes ago, CA_Wrestler said:

They were pretty respectful to each other after the match on social media, so I'm not that surprised.

Yeah, if they run into each other it'll sure be a scrap, but if they run into one of the other 7+ hammers in the weight, maybe the work they put in will give them a little edge. 

Just now, spladle08 said:

Yeah, if they run into each other it'll sure be a scrap, but if they run into one of the other 7+ hammers in the weight, maybe the work they put in will give them a little edge. 

For sure.  65kg is loaded.  It's going to be great fun to watch!

39 minutes ago, CA_Wrestler said:

I wasn't insinuating there's any bad blood at all. I'm just surprised that they're willing to train together this close to the worlds, nothing more. It's not unheard of to have foreigners travel abroad to practice and get a different (usually better) look--many wrestlers from the US have done it in the past--but a little atypical this close to the worlds.

5 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I wasn't insinuating there's any bad blood at all. I'm just surprised that they're willing to train together this close to the worlds, nothing more. It's not unheard of to have foreigners travel abroad to practice and get a different (usually better) look--many wrestlers from the US have done it in the past--but a little atypical this close to the worlds.

I wasn't getting that you were insinuating bad blood at all.  No worries

On 5/21/2019 at 10:28 PM, CA_Wrestler said:

Bajrang, Yianni, Georgians and other wrestlers from India over there now for camp.  The best thing about Valentin being over there is that Chamizo, Russians, Georgians, etc are always there training.

I salute you for seeing the value of having international competition training in US freestyle training centers, a position so different from the whingers on flowrestling and their petty complaints about how the foreigners are benefiting from US facilities and coaching. They are blind to the fact that US wrestlers equally benefit from the exposure (no pun intended) to international competitors, who bring unfamiliar styles into the room, giving our guys a chance to get accustomed to and develop strategies to deal with them.