Jimmy Cinnabon

Right now, who is our p4p best freestyler?

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Does Yianni enter the question given his win over Bajrang?

Not a chance. Nothing against Yanni but BTS is an exhibition. No one is peaking for BTS

20 minutes ago, mob said:

Not a chance. Nothing against Yanni but BTS is an exhibition. No one is peaking for BTS

And even when Taylor pinned the Iranian at the World Cup it was still a question. Only thing that truly counts is the Worlds. Even Fadzaev lost a few matches to Chris Wilson in World Cup matches. Jim Scherr heat Khadartsev in a World Cup match. But lost badly in the worlds many times. 

Top 10 

1. JB (has beaten 2 multiple times and 3 at least once)

2. Dake (didn't get scored on at worlds for his first title)

3. Taylor (beat Yazdani at worlds on his way to his first title)

4. Snyder (only lost to the best wrestler in the world by a pin in finals, untouched domestically)

5. Cox (gold at worlds, extremely underrated)

6. Gwiz (multiple time world medalist, had not been challenged in the US)

7. Ringer (would medal at worlds if he were not behind Dake)

8. Fix (age level world champ and multiple medals made his presence known by beating Gilman to get bye to Final X)

9. Gilman (one loss to a very good Fix, could be either one on the team and I think we have a shot at a medal)

10. Colon (a fluky loss to Suriano doesn't change his level of skill, world bronze and a threat again to place)

35 minutes ago, Ragu said:

If you think he is underrated then why not move him up?  He kept your #2 and #3 off the Olympic and world team until they added weight classes and he moved up.  More world/olympic medals and the same number of world titles

1 hour ago, Ragu said:

Top 10 

4. Snyder (only lost to the best wrestler in the world by a pin in finals, untouched domestically)

8. Fix (age level world champ and multiple medals made his presence known by beating Gilman to get bye to Final X)

9. Gilman (one loss to a very good Fix, could be either one on the team and I think we have a shot at a medal)

10. Colon (a fluky loss to Suriano doesn't change his level of skill, world bronze and a threat again to place)

Green deserves a place in top 10 imo 

Well no doubt JB and KS are the most successful Senior level "guys" we still have wrestling, but if someone put forth an argument for KD, DT, and or J'den, I don't know if they wouldn't be right. Additionally I think we would also have to discuss where Helen Maroulis or Adeline Gray would be on the list, if not at the top of it. 

As far as Yianni is concerned, he might very well be, but I think we should wait until after Final X and the World's, to see. 

This is actually a very tough question... Career is for sure JB then Snyder, but right now at this moment I’m not sure if you pick them. We have three returning world champions and none of them are named Burroughs or Snyder. Granted they only lost to some really tough dudes, so they are still in the conversation. I think you can make a case for any of those five

8 hours ago, Ragu said:

Top 10 

This is super hard to argue with.  Good analysis.  However, I'd like clarity on the question:

1.). Who is the best P4P US Freestyler (based on career accomplishments), or...

2.). Who is the best P4P US Freestyler (right now)

I think there are two different lists based on that difference, and what Ragu stated is answering #1 moreso than #2.

4 hours ago, de4856 said:

Additionally I think we would also have to discuss where Helen Maroulis or Adeline Gray would be on the list, if not at the top of it. 

I'm a fan of both, but Maroulis isn't competing "right now", is she? I'm hoping the best for her, but I don't think she's in this. Gray is, and I'd put her ahead of anyone who hasn't won a world gold, which is 6th on Ragu's list. 

Well if we go by career accomplishments, I would have to say JB, ( In my book, I believe JB is only behind John Smith and Bruce Baumgartner as far as all time greats ). 

If we go by current abilities, well I would have to go with either DT or KD. My reasoning would be on the fact that both Won the World's last year, as well as other events and both DT have beaten great opponents like Yazdani (for DT), and Gadzhimagomedov (for KD). 

Now I I know Cox won World's last year as well, and he did beat Marsagishvili, and Karimi, but in my mind DT and KD wrestled more impressively than J'den did. I know someone will immediately point out that KD only beat Hasanov 2-0, but that was 2nd time they wrestled, so Hasanov may have made some adjustments in the finals, but prior to that, KD had mowed everyone down at the World's. 

8 hours ago, Fishbane said:

If you think he is underrated then why not move him up?  He kept your #2 and #3 off the Olympic and world team until they added weight classes and he moved up.  More world/olympic medals and the same number of world titles

I don't think he'd beat them right now. I would not be surprised at all but I think they've both jumped levels and it sucks that 2 guys out of Dake, DT, Cox, JB, and Snyder aren't going to be on the Olympic team.

7 hours ago, Wrestlingbcpc said:

Green deserves a place in top 10 imo 

10 was between him and Colon. You could make a case for both but Colon just medaled and Green did not. But Greens loss was better than Colon's so either is a good pick.

45 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

This is super hard to argue with.  Good analysis.  However, I'd like clarity on the question:

1.). Who is the best P4P US Freestyler (based on career accomplishments), or...

2.). Who is the best P4P US Freestyler (right now)

I think there are two different lists based on that difference, and what Ragu stated is answering #1 moreso than #2.

I was combining both sort of. If it were purely #2 though I'd move Ringer ahead of Gwiz and put Zahid in at 8 knocking Colon out.

It's hard making a top 10 because you leave studs out like Green, Yianni, Gable, and even Nahshon.

Another good question is, do we think if Spencer Lee competed in this freestyle season that we'd see him on this list?

Denger, my bad, I completely forgot that I haven't seen Helen competing of late. However, I haven't seen if she's called it a career, or if she is just taking some time off to heal up. 

Burroughs, Cox, Snyder

With all due respect to the fan favorites taylor and dake, they are owned by Burroughs and Cox. And Taylor is owned by Dake.

This is why JB is the best p4p in the WORLD, he has beaten the most most gold medal talents from other weights. You can go up weights and down weights to world golds and JB has beaten them all. Snyder and Sadulaev haven't faced the same talent by a long shot.

For Taylor's sake, hope Cox doesn't come back down 2020 cause he won with only 1 leg last time......how soon we forget.

It depends on your p4p criteria.

Dake performed the best at 2018 worlds.

Taylor performed the best in 2018 as a whole.

As of now, Burroughs has had a more impressive career than any other current world team member. 

Edited by Katie