Jimmy Cinnabon

Calling my shot: Cox by tech/fall over Nickal at Final X

10 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Yeah from most to least interesting "for me" assuming fans hadnt been hyping up Bo vs Cox

Dake v Ringer (feels like WC)

Yainni v Zain (whos taking the lead for 2020)

Fix vs Gilman (just talented dudes, both medal threats)

(All those can be arranged any type of way honestly)

Gable vs Gwiz (I wasnt high on Gables chances but if he looks good here... medal threat)

BO vs Cox ( Cox is clear cut the favorite, but there's intrigue)

Colon vs Graff (just because the outcome isnt obvious, dont expect either to medal)

Imar vs JB (the outcome is JB but at least there will be some exciting offense)

Deakin vs Green (Green is tough to score on and doesn't do a lot to push the pace, snooze fest win to avenge the open)

Snyder vs Gadson ( Snyder by 2 techs, least interesting due to biggest discrepancy in talent)

Personally, if you're looking for some smash-mouth, in-your-face action, don't forget Rau v. Provisor.  

On 6/2/2019 at 2:25 PM, GoNotQuietly said:

I'm equally confident that J'Den will beat Bo as I am that he will not tech-fall him.  Unless Bo finds a way to completely piss him off somehow, but I've rarely seen someone as unreal cool under pressure as J'den

Phil Wellington might disagree with you.

Will they towel down Cox every 30 seconds?  He sweats like crazy and it is difficult for guys to get ahold of him. It's an unfair advantage.   It's one of the main reasons DT lost to him in the third match.

On 6/3/2019 at 1:39 PM, Perry said:

I honestly think cox is the better athlete between the two

But he is not the better wrestler.  His style is boring.  Dances around a lot and is very defensive.

6 hours ago, dmm53 said:

Will they towel down Cox every 30 seconds?  He sweats like crazy and it is difficult for guys to get ahold of him. It's an unfair advantage.   It's one of the main reasons DT lost to him in the third match.

I'm wondering whether Cael and Casey will have a strategy for late-match offense against a slippery Cox. It's not right to call it an unfair advantage; it's a natural reality of the sport, and the NLWC coaches and Nickal aren't the kind to complain about things that can be overcome. Does anyone have thoughts about how to approach offense against a sweaty wrestler late in the match? I reckon Nickal will look for the same single he shot against Zillmer. I also wonder about hard snaps to front headlock and throw by or go behind.