LifeintheRed

Who's the best wrestler you've ever wrestled?

Tough call.  Teyon Ware was the most decorated. Jordan Leen was the most painful. Gregor Gillespie was the most disorientating. Ben Provisor in Greco.

Stole a freestyle period from Teyon, and actually bombed Provisor before he launched me off a couple lifts, but didn't win any of these ones.

Good question. Probably Jason Chamberlain for me. Or Tyler Graff. I was 1-0 vs Chambo and 1-1 vs Graff.  My victories were in Greco though, so I’m not sure they actually count. What about you Lifeinthered? It’s your topic, whats your answer?

Edited by ExBSUfan

No actual matches against anyone notable. Wrestled around at a clinic with Randy Lewis and Brad Penrith while in HS. Took a shot on the impossible leg but never got to the leg to see if it truly was "impossible". It was like a horse drawn carriage going up against a UFO. 

Coleman Scott 10-0'd me in about a minute at Junior Duals. It haunts me to this day...

I was our backup, so I didn't get a ton of matches. When they told me they were throwing me in vs Team PA, I hadn't heard of Coleman and thought this was my chance to prove myself to the coaches. He rolled me up like a carpet and I walked off the mat convinced I was the worst kid to ever wrestle. My therapists is convinced I'll get over it eventually. 

Lazaro Reinoso.....at a summer camp he was known as “the guy who beat John Smith”. So, being the cocky little 112 lber I was, I decided to ask him to sign my John Smith wrestling shoes. Obviously I lost and my ankles still have bruises on them from getting leg laced across 4 mats.

Alan Fried - only at an open mat session and only because nobody appropriate was there to complete the round robin group so my coach volunteered me (and whispered in my ear before we started that he would say a prayer for me).

Three notables...

Dennis Hall and Jim Gruenwald 1989 at Greco Jr. Nationals.  Five-minute rounds: 0-0 with Hall until last 30 seconds... got tossed in a head an arm and it was over.  Tied with Gruenwald... beat him in OT in a loser-out match. 

Kendall Cross... memorable training matches at the OSU camp summer of 1988.  He was in college training for Espoir Nationals.  I was a spry young buck and he taught me a few lessons.  

In high school, I wrestled Nick and Tony Purler and Sam Henson all in a seven day span. They were all in my conference. Nick was a DI AA, Tony was a DI National Champ, and Henson was also a National Champ, World Gold Medalist and Olympic Silver Medalist. I've had better weeks.