LifeintheRed

Who's the best wrestler you've ever wrestled?

18 hours ago, treep2000 said:

Joe Heskett.  I lost.  

I also got beat by Joe at the Bill Dies Tournament in 95 I think.  I was a senior and he was a freshman on Walsh's JV team, before he won 3 State Titles.   I found a pic not long ago standing below him on the podium.

Troy Nickerson and Angle Escobedo in the same tournament. Troy finished first cant remember who was second. I beat Escobedo for 3rd. I can think of 4 NCAA champions off the top of my head that I have wrestled there are probably many more.

1 hour ago, Sublime607 said:

Troy Nickerson and Angle Escobedo in the same tournament. Troy finished first cant remember who was second. I beat Escobedo for 3rd. I can think of 4 NCAA champions off the top of my head that I have wrestled there are probably many more.

Those are a couple tough dudes right there. Nice work getting a win over Escobedo. Who are the other 4 you can think of? I’m interested to know.

Best I’ve wrestled was Dustin Schlatter. Wrestled from youth through high school probably 12 times. Never beat him, but I faired better than the majority.

My biggest ass whipping was Mike Poeta. Went from “maybe I can pull this off” to “Maybe I should re-evaluate my wrestling” reallll quick that match. 

On 5/21/2019 at 8:51 PM, ExBSUfan said:

Good question. Probably Jason Chamberlain for me. Or Tyler Graff. I was 1-0 vs Chambo and 1-1 vs Graff.  My victories were in Greco though, so I’m not sure they actually count. What about you Lifeinthered? It’s your topic, whats your answer?

Definitely not the best, but arguably the most famous was Mario Lopez aka Slater from Saved by the Bell.  We wrestled at a J. Robinson Intensive Wrestling Camp one summer.  He had probably 3 years on me and at least 25 lbs but I won, because even if I didn't, I would never admit losing to this guy.  LOL!

Mighty Mario.jpg

Edited by LifeintheRed

15 hours ago, ExBSUfan said:

Those are a couple tough dudes right there. Nice work getting a win over Escobedo. Who are the other 4 you can think of? I’m interested to 

Well I just named 2 of them. Other 2 I lost to were JP Oconner and Gregor Gilespie. Nickerson was untouchable after the age of 12.

I just wanted to add that I don't put much stock in that win both Nickerson and Escobedo were wrestling age group up so I had 3 years on both and Nickerson sent me to the wrestle back's.

Edited by Sublime607

Based on freestyle international placings/accolades, it would have to be Kenny Monday.

Greco-Roman- Mike Johnson.

Collegiate- Nate Carr.

High School- Jeff Kerber.

It didn't go well for me in any case.

57 minutes ago, scribe said:

I once took on dan hodge, Dan gable, and John Smith in a round robin format with 20 minutes of rest in between. 

As you might have guessed, it didn’t go well....

for them. 

You must be Chuck Norris!  Nice to meet you Charles.

New member on the board, wrestler from Germany, unfortenaly we got no community and board like this for talking about international wrestling, so I joined here. 

I wrestled against Eduard Popp (5th place Olympic 2016 130kg) and Jello Kramer (bronce u23 Worlds 130kg 2017) in tournaments, lost to both. 

2 hours ago, Graverobber said:

New member on the board, wrestler from Germany, unfortenaly we got no community and board like this for talking about international wrestling, so I joined here. 

I wrestled against Eduard Popp (5th place Olympic 2016 130kg) and Jello Kramer (bronce u23 Worlds 130kg 2017) in tournaments, lost to both. 

Welcome!