rpm002

Final X Pick'em Contest

Here are the rules for the Final X pick'em contest:

• Entries are due June 7th.  You can change your entry before the deadline if you want, but please do this as a new post rather than editing your original post.
  • You pick the winner of all 10 match-ups and also decide which of your picks are "locks".
  • Picks that a "lock" are worth 10 points if correct, but if you get even 1 of your locks wrong, your entire entry is disqualified 
  • Picks that are not a "lock" are worth 1 point (so they are basically just a tiebreaker)
  • If there are wrestle-offs after Final X, we will wait until those are decided before declaring a winner
  • Probably obvious, but any sort of forfeit or injury default counts as a loss for that wrestler and a win for their opponent

To give an example of what an entry should look like, my entry is:

57 Fix

61 Graff - LOCK

65 Zain

70 Green - LOCK

74 Burroughs - LOCK

79 Dieringer

86 Taylor - LOCK

92 Cox - LOCK

97 Snyder - LOCK

125 Gwiz - LOCK

Let me know if you have any questions.  Good luck!

57kg - Daton Fix

61kg - Joe Colon (LOCK)

65kg - Yianni Diakomihalis (LOCK)

70kg - James Green

74kg - Jordan Burroughs (LOCK)

79kg - Kyle Dake

86kg - David Taylor (LOCK)

92kg - J'den Cox (LOCK)

97kg - Kyle Snyder (LOCK)

125kg - Nick Gwiazdowski (LOCK)

My picks will change. I am inputting some for comedic relief at this point.

57) Fix *LOCK*

61) Graff

65) Retherford

70) Deakin

74) Martinez *LOCK*

79) Dake *LOCK*

86) Downey *LOCK*

92) Nickal *LOCK*

97) Snyder *LOCK*

125) Steveson *LOCK*

Edited by nhs67

Not knocking the rules or anything but why not assign points to each guy in confidence we have in them winning like Intermat does with Big 10s and NCAAs? Ex. 1 gets 10 points assigned and 2 gets 9 points all the way down to our least confident pick getting 1 point.

8 hours ago, Ragu said:

Not knocking the rules or anything but why not assign points to each guy in confidence we have in them winning like Intermat does with Big 10s and NCAAs? Ex. 1 gets 10 points assigned and 2 gets 9 points all the way down to our least confident pick getting 1 point.

Well, there's plenty of time left for you to run your own contest... Lol 

Seriously, confidence pools are fun too.... I think forcing people to choose "is this a lock for me or not" is a more interesting decision than "should I make this my 3 point pick or my 4 point pick?" 

7 hours ago, rpm002 said:

Well, there's plenty of time left for you to run your own contest... Lol 

Seriously, confidence pools are fun too.... I think forcing people to choose "is this a lock for me or not" is a more interesting decision than "should I make this my 3 point pick or my 4 point pick?" 

i agree.. i'm interested to see what the winning point total will be for this as well. One wrong lock pick can cost you the contest which makes it really interesting. I like it @rpm002 nice work!

I'm interested in Taylor being a lock.  His knee just has to give out a little and he will be unable to wrestle effectively.  I don't know about Dake's condition.  But there is not enough cold spray in the world to fix Taylor if his knee is not 100%.

mspart

8 hours ago, mspart said:

I'm interested in Taylor being a lock.  His knee just has to give out a little and he will be unable to wrestle effectively.  I don't know about Dake's condition.  But there is not enough cold spray in the world to fix Taylor if his knee is not 100%.

mspart

Wow, prophetic post.  Since the news broke before the deadline, all entries will automatically be changed to "Downey - Lock".  No need to do anything.

On 5/23/2019 at 2:02 PM, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Killing it with the contests lately rpm... good stuff.  I'm going 10/10 baby. 

57 Fix (LOCK)

61 Colon (LOCK)

65 Yianni (LOCK)

70 Green (LOCK)

74 Burroughs (LOCK)

79 Dake (LOCK)

86 Taylor (LOCK)

92 Cox (LOCK)

97 Snyder (LOCK)

125 Gwiazdowski (LOCK)

Two edits:

79 Dieringer (LOCK)