Sign in to follow this  
TobusRex

Ohio State's Highly Offensive new Wrestling Room

12 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/21939

What the hell kind of wrestling room has (shudder) WINDOWS?????? How the hell is mold supposed to form where the walls meet if the wrestling room isn't dark/dank??

Clearly Ohio State has no respect for wrestling tradition.

Makes it easier to watch the guys wrestling.

Too soon?

Just now, gowrestle said:

What Tom Ryan has accomplished at Ohio State is remarkable. 

It is.  But if he keeps coming in 2nd what is his excuse?

He has a better facility than Penn State, better overall athletics.  In state talent is just as good (or maybe even better) than Pennsylvania.  Funding/support is there too.

I shouldn't even address this because I think most people here are informed enough to recognize the absurdity, but anyway:

2019 All Americans By High School State
PA (16) 
NJ (10)
IL (6)
MI (6)
OH (6)
NY (5)
CA (4)
MO (4)
IA (3)
IN (3)
MN (3)
CO (2)
OK (2)
OR (2)
TX (2)
GA (1)
KS (1)
AZ (1)
FL (1)
MT (1)
Canada (1)

Speaking to windows and mats, our team used to go to a tournament in a domed facility and between 11:00 and 1:00 you didn't want to get your back put to the  mat because they wer HOT!!! This was in a relatively cold area!

They might find out that those windows cause them more trouble than they anticipated!!!

2 minutes ago, Panther78 said:

Speaking to windows and mats, our team used to go to a tournament in a domed facility and between 11:00 and 1:00 you didn't want to get your back put to the  mat because they wer HOT!!! This was in a relatively cold area!

They might find out that those windows cause them more trouble than they anticipated!!!

If only there were some sort of futuristic technology that allowed one to somehow, through science, block light that might be coming through said windows.  

I'd say Musk could probably figure it out but he seems pretty preoccupied with Mars.  

On 5/23/2019 at 4:47 PM, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

I shouldn't even address this because I think most people here are informed enough to recognize the absurdity, but anyway:

PA (16) 
NJ (10)
IL (6)
MI (6)
OH (6)
NY (5)
CA (4)
MO (4)
IA (3)
IN (3)
MN (3)
CO (2)
OK (2)
OR (2)
TX (2)
GA (1)
KS (1)
AZ (1)
FL (1)
MT (1)
Canada (1)

Yeah the whole in state talent is equal or "arguably" better than PA is laughable.

The facilities are overkill and send a poor message to AD's on the fence about wrestling.

A perennial runner up program.

On 5/23/2019 at 4:14 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

He has a better facility than Penn State, better overall athletics.  In state talent is just as good (or maybe even better) than Pennsylvania.  Funding/support is there too.

Your posts are so ridiculous should you be banned from this forum?  The Internet gods are not happy!

Windows won't be a problem and are great....it's great to see daylight in a wrestling room....the Bahna Wrestling Facility in Ann Arbor has windows...tinted, high enough people can't look in (a distraction), high enough a wrestler isn't going to go thru one.  Here's a tour of the Bahna Wrestling Facility as it was almost at completion.  As it was getting built, Tom Ryan was already investigating the whole process of it's development/construction.  This facility was close to one of the first of it's kind.

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/5003698-ralph-bahna-facility-michigan-gohiocasts

Edited by fadzaev2

On 5/23/2019 at 3:01 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

This is a bit of an absurd question, but given Ohio State's amazing facilities and hotbed of in state talent....does Tom Ryan's seat ever got hot if he doesn't win a team title again in the next 5 years?

They probably dont have that facility without Tom Ryan.

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 5:08 PM, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

If only there were some sort of futuristic technology that allowed one to somehow, through science, block light that might be coming through said windows.  

You mean like low-e glass? ;-)

Current energy codes have come a long way to set limits on solar heat gain , I would expect (hope?) the architect of the facility will have looked into this!

On 5/23/2019 at 3:14 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Hey..., I'n no Urban Meyer!

On 5/23/2019 at 2:14 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

If he keeps coming in second to Cael then who would they replace Ryan with that would beat Cael?  Coaches who can't beat Ryan and get second? 

On 5/23/2019 at 2:27 PM, TobusRex said:

http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/21939

What the hell kind of wrestling room has (shudder) WINDOWS?????? How the hell is mold supposed to form where the walls meet if the wrestling room isn't dark/dank??

Clearly Ohio State has no respect for wrestling tradition.

Maybe that was our problem all along at Wisconsin....windows.

On 5/23/2019 at 4:47 PM, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

PA (16) 
NJ (10)
IL (6)
MI (6)
OH (6)
NY (5)
CA (4)
MO (4)
IA (3)
IN (3)
MN (3)
CO (2)
OK (2)
OR (2)
TX (2)
GA (1)
KS (1)
AZ (1)
FL (1)
MT (1)
Canada (1)

I don't think anyone truly thinks they are even, let alone ahead of Pennsylvania, but over the years they consistently have proven to be #2 with a few years here and there going above Pennsylvania.  This past season was the lowest I can remember from Ohio in quite some time.  Even then, they still tied for 3rd!

1 hour ago, BadgerMon said:

Maybe that was our problem all along at Wisconsin....windows.

Bingo. Windows allow sunshine in. Sunshine is anathema to wrestlers: we wilt like maggots in direct sunlight. Plus sunlight doesn't allow mold to grow in the corners of the wrestling room, and in the lockers. Mold that gives us superior strength, intelligence, sexual potency, and most importantly, modesty.

2 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

I don't think anyone truly thinks they are even, let alone ahead of Pennsylvania, but over the years they consistently have proven to be #2 with a few years here and there going above Pennsylvania.  This past season was the lowest I can remember from Ohio in quite some time.  Even then, they still tied for 3rd!

Meh, it's all based on participation numbers. PA wrestling isn't magical.