OBXWrestler

DT out for this year’s worlds

2 hours ago, Dr. Novak said:

Downey grew up in very impoverished circumstances.  Walk a mile in his shoes before casting aspersions.

Not true.  PDII is a graduate of THE Johns Hopkins University and a recognized genius business tycoon.

2 hours ago, Dr. Novak said:

Downey grew up in very impoverished circumstances.  Walk a mile in his shoes before casting aspersions.

Lololol

So did I. So did millions of their people who turned into decent human beings.

His biggest problem growing up was that his father was his biggest influence.

3 hours ago, BigTimeFan said:

Here we go again. 

Here’s where I stand. I’m rooting for 100% USA gold. It would take a lot life than Downey’s antics to move me off that stance. Downey is at times annoying to me but we can chalk that up to taste.

Downey has a history of unsavory behavior but he’s not the only athlete, let alone wrestler, who does. JO was out for testing positive,. arguably more offensive because it’s an unfair advantage over his competition. Was anyone was rooting against JO because of it. Chance Marstellar had a couple of falling outs and some treated him as a hero in his final NCAA run. So yeah we don’t all love Downey. But he’s out rep and deserves our full throated support.

Pat has also taken PEDs as far back as high school. Also, it’s ridiculous that taking PEDs is considered more offensive than committing physical violence against other human beings.

Chance’s problems were symptoms of his drug addiction. Pat’s are symptoms of his personality.

4 hours ago, spladle08 said:

So you're a Taylor fan. 
So you
A.) Want America to preform badly at the weight, because your guy is all that matters. 
and 
B.) ? Don't think Taylor could get past him next year if Downey ended up being his main obstacle?

.... Its... maybe not the best approach 

I’m not necessarily rooting against him or the US but I’m not rooting for him.  A bye is such a huge factor, why do you think Dake complained so much. Especially considering all the studs going 86 next year. 

Downey apparently annoys a lot of people.
So if you are one of the people he annoys, are you obliged to root for him?  Personally, I don't think so.  
I think people should root for whoever they feel like rooting for.
Naw cheer for your country.... or else!!!!
(Or else I will disagree with your approach and do nothing more about it)

Tayler annoys me. Downey annoys me for totally different reasons. I’ll cope with either when it’s time.
Best answer yet... I'm not a big DT guy off the mat either... hadnt even thought about it

Downey has overcome so much to get to this point in his life that I'm not sure how anyone can root against him.
I heard he was accepted in Penn State's Wharton School. lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Downey has overcome so much to get to this point in his life that I'm not sure how anyone can root against him.

It's true. None of us know what it is like having to overcome getting kicked out of one expensive private high school after the other, only to have the same bad luck follow him to college. He's such an inspiration.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Does anybody know why David Taylor waited until after the WTTs to announce he won't be able to wrestle in Final X?  Did something change within that short window?   

purely selfish reasons...

in the other thread where people are whining about our rep at 86, there area couple of posters parroting what was said this morning on FRL... which, to be fair, is the only logical explanation...

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

purely selfish reasons...

in the other thread where people are whining about our rep at 86, there area couple of posters parroting what was said this morning on FRL... which, to be fair, is the only logical explanation...

missed it... is it the PD3 wont medal so i wont have someone sitting in front of me at final x? 

Just now, GockeS said:

missed it... is it the PD3 wont medal so i wont have someone sitting in front of me at final x? 

that is the assumption that has been bandied about...

That's a ridiculous take.  He got injured on 5/6 the trials started 5/17.  How soon would you be able to give up on your plan to win worlds this year?  48 hours?  On 5/8 who would be going down in 9 days time?  I reckon no one at 92kg.  Who would be going up?  That's more realistic.  I guess Dierigner or Valencia could, but it seems unlikely both would.  Dieringer had the finals bye.  Dake himself is returning from injury.  Valencia I guess could change his mind especially if he sees himself at 86kg next year.  

8 minutes ago, Fishbane said:

That's a ridiculous take.  He got injured on 5/6 the trials started 5/17.  How soon would you be able to give up on your plan to win worlds this year?  48 hours?  On 5/8 who would be going down in 9 days time?  I reckon no one at 92kg.  Who would be going up?  That's more realistic.  I guess Dierigner or Valencia could, but it seems unlikely both would.  Dieringer had the finals bye.  Dake himself is returning from injury.  Valencia I guess could change his mind especially if he sees himself at 86kg next year.  

well, he knew very early he would not be able to wrestle and waited to make the announcement until after WTT... 

no logical reason to do that other than to try and protect your 2020 spot as best you can... not having a world medalist at the weight goes a long way towards that end...

5 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I asked a week or so ago and someone mentioned Flo had discussed a possible knee injury. Is this confirmed?

Not sure that's where I heard it.