OBXWrestler

DT out for this year’s worlds

Just now, spladle08 said:
2 minutes ago, CrewWrestling said:
Feels silly that NoBickal didn’t drop down & secure the 86kg spot given DT’s prognosis...

I do question how long he's known he wasnt competing.

A guy at his level, and given the timeline of events would’ve had an MRI before leaving NYC & I’d hope that Novogratz would’ve paid for it out of his own pocket given DT got injured at his charity event. 

The bummer and reality of it is Myles Martin was absolutely schooling him until Scotty beamed his brain up out his head.

Downey can grit out a Bronze like Colon or be one and done.

Because I am a USAUSAUSA kind if fellar I will be hoping for the former.

Terrible for our team. It’s especially frustrating because we have really good number two guys both above and below (Dieringer, Bo) that are significantly better than Downey. Instead, both may sit out while Downey will be our rep at 86. 

Will anyone elses mind be freaked (Chris Angel style) if Dake also says "pass"

Note: I think Ringer beats him anyway....

0 reason to think Dake wont wrestle, but now I'm 90% sure he will pass on final X

3 minutes ago, AZ_wrestling said:

Terrible for our team. It’s especially frustrating because we have really good number two guys both above and below (Dieringer, Bo) that are significantly better than Downey. Instead, both may sit out while Downey will be our rep at 86. 

I would like to contradict this.

In freestyle there may not be a more improved wrestler on our senior team the last two years in our network from 79, 86, or 92.

He can act like his old self here or there but the Downey from last year gets gorilla stomped by Heflin from this year.

I would like to contradict this.

In freestyle there may not be a more improved wrestler on our senior team the last two years in our network from 79, 86, or 92.

He can act like his old self here or there but the Downey from last year gets gorilla stomped by Heflin from this year.

I started to type... despite how he comes across, you cant deny his recent "form" hes wrestling very well. Hes no DT (right now) but he has the tools, and give him some time with Dake/Ringer/J'den/Bo.... it'd be hard not to get the best Downey possible.

Definitely has the size for the weight. Isnt going to be intimidated, just going to have to see how he looks on the biggest of stages, and hope he gets a favorable draw.

I’m a DT fan but disappointed about the “gift” comment.  PD earned his way to this spot and overcame challenges along the way. No one gave him any respect and certainly didn’t gift him a spot. Yes DT would have likely won but he didn’t and to put PD down when he did nothing wrong against DT was classless.