spladle08

Cox vs "Snyder or Taylor"

Uh.

Why do people keep citing Final X for next year?

Oly years are different.

Returning medalists at Oly weights get a Bye to the SEMIS of the OTTs. Medalists at non-oly weights get a by to the quarters.

2 hours ago, treep2000 said:

The sheer fact that all y'all are already throwing in the towel on a 2x WC, 1x Oly Champ and 1x silver in favor of a 1x WC is interesting.  Amazing how fickle people are. 

I have to agree here.  I'm a big J'Den fan.  Yes, he has 3 medals but you don't fall into 3 gold and 1 silver world medals.  Snyder will have a hard time scoring, but so will J'Den.  I can actually see no takedowns.  A couple shot clock points a and pushouts.

Cox will not go down.  He will go up and it will be 3 good mayches. Either will medal solver or bronze depending on Draw.  

I do agree Snyder needs to change his training.  No disrespect, but since Lou left the freestyle at tOSU has plateued.  Snyder is Snyder and will always be great, but I don't know of he is still improving a ton. Look at Logan too.  He seemed to go flat after Lou left.  

Well, with the new procedure of same day weigh ins I don't believe that J'den sees 86 again. So I don't believe there isn't much reason to have a lengthy discussion about Cox vs Taylor. But if J'den did make it back to 86, I believe that J'den would prevail. So I believe that J'den will go up and challenge SnyderMan. Now it's possible that J'den can beat Capt. America, but I don't see how it's very probable. 

So I guess we see J'den back at 92, for the World's. 

I don't think anyone is being fickle with Snyder. The guy has taken some sketchy losses in the past to really solid guys, but not even world medalists. He has overwhelmed people physically for pretty much his whole career, and in college, his strength and athleticism carried him over the much larger but much less athletic opponents. Cox is a better athlete honestly, and I think right now, he is probably pretty close to Snyder's skill set. I think it is more likely that Cox beats Snyder for the Olympic team, than we ever seeing Snyder beat Sad again. 

6 hours ago, spladle08 said:

If its not sarcasm. Cox is 3 for 3 medaling on the world stage... and he is a current World champ, its not like we are speculating he loses to a scrub....
Lol it has to be sarcasm....
"Amazing how fickle people are" that's rich

Cox is rag-dolling Snyder in the room, you “can’t see,” how Snyder could even it (can’t even see it) and Bo is going to stick Snyder, Cox then Sads.

Noted.

3 hours ago, bsharp2384 said:

I don't think anyone is being fickle with Snyder. The guy has taken some sketchy losses in the past to really solid guys, but not even world medalists. He has overwhelmed people physically for pretty much his whole career, and in college, his strength and athleticism carried him over the much larger but much less athletic opponents. Cox is a better athlete honestly, and I think right now, he is probably pretty close to Snyder's skill set. I think it is more likely that Cox beats Snyder for the Olympic team, than we ever seeing Snyder beat Sad again. 

How many career losses does he have at world team trials, olympic team trials, and worlds? How many does Cox have?

7 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Uh.

Oly years are different.

Returning medalists at Oly weights get a Bye to the SEMIS of the OTTs. Medalists at non-oly weights get a by to the quarters.

Sorry I don’t think many people were looking that far ahead. And it’s not exactly like this is the most simple qualification process.  It took me long enough to figure out exactly how it worked this year... I didn’t realize they were changing it again

Uh.
Oly years are different.
I was wondering if the procedure would be different. Thanks for the info!

33 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Sorry I don’t think many people were looking that far ahead. And it’s not exactly like this is the most simple qualification process.  It took me long enough to figure out exactly how it worked this year... I didn’t realize they were changing it again

It was FRL that gave me the dets, so I need to find a link.

25 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I was wondering if the procedure would be different. Thanks for the info!

Let me dig.

18 hours ago, spladle08 said:

All the respect to Bocon.

But 86 is no cakewalk. I know DT got past Yaz and Snyder fell to Saduleav so we picture Saduleav as unstoppable, and Yaz as less of an obstacle (he's literally destroyed everyone not named David Taylor for a couple years now)
But the main point of my initial post is the weight is overall more shallow (domestically and abroad), the cut + same day weigh-ins would (seemingly) put him at a disadvantage,
and .....

yeah I dont see much of a difference in sucked out J'den vs Taylor
Or
bigger J'den vs Captain America.

Legit would probably give him better odds against Snyder.

J'den is proficient at that plodding 1or 2 takedown match structure which already puts him in Snydermans Wheelhouse.

Where DT makes his hay when guys gas and get into mat-wrestling awkward situations with him.

DT at 92kg I give 0 chance
Cox with that weight cut at 86kg... feel like the pace ruins him.

Cox vs Snyder. I just cant see Snyder with the offense to even it. He may repeatedly muscle him out for 1's and shot clock points, but he ain't taking Cox down with shots. 0 chance

He beat Cox with takedowns the last two times that they wrestled. The ncaa semifinal his true freshman year, and the freestyle match they wrestled a month or so later after the completion of that season. I'm not sure how he now has 0 chance of scoring takedowns against Cox.

He beat Cox with takedowns the last two times that they wrestled. The ncaa semifinal his true freshman year, and the freestyle match they wrestled a month or so later after the completion of that season. I'm not sure how he now has 0 chance of scoring takedowns against Cox.
Ok ok maybe 0 was hyperbole but yeah Gadsen also stuck Snyderman. Wrestlers can improve.

3rd 3rd world champ..... wrestlers can improve.

11 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

How many career losses does he have at world team trials, olympic team trials, and worlds? How many does Cox have?

Sorry, dude. You don't get to pick your tournaments. You lose when you lose, and the greats want to win every time they step on the mat. Kyle Snyder has 9 (nine) losses in senior men's freestyle from 2016 until today.  

I tried to find the Flo video (to no avail) of J'den right after weigh-ins at 2017 Worlds in Paris. J'den did not look too happy cutting to 86, to say the least. And that was with a day-before, one time weigh-in. Now it's same day weigh-in, then compete, then make weight the next day and compete again, if you get that far. Not saying he can't do it, but after seeing the 2017 video, good luck with that.

(Jaroslav, or one of the Flo guys: Would really appreciate if you could find that video and post it here. Thought that video said a thousand words.)

At the moment it is ass three way race between Bo Cox Snyder. The only formal matches are Snyder vs Cox. Snyder won 3-2 and 5-2. Three years ago though. We will know where Bo stands next week in the most highly anticipated matchup in awhile!

At the moment it is ass three way race between Bo Cox Snyder. The only formal matches are Snyder vs Cox. Snyder won 3-2 and 5-2. Three years ago though. We will know where Bo stands next week in the most highly anticipated matchup in awhile!
It's not ass. I hope not anyway!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, cjc007 said:

It's not ass. I hope not anyway!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Suppose to be  "a" not a s s. HAHA. Got to love autocorrect! Someone might lose some "a" in that three way battle!:-) 

15 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

On Askren's podcast, he felt that Cox looked a bit smaller at BTS and had already begun his decent for next year.  Maybe he has some Mizzou inside info?

Nah.  The PSU fans posting that he will go up to 97 because he has a better chance beating Snyder than Taylor have the inside info.  

16 hours ago, PRyan2012 said:

Which was the 5-2 match? Assuming the 3-2 match was NCAA semis in 2015?

On 5/26/2019 at 5:08 AM, madcat11 said:

Cox is rag-dolling Snyder in the room, you “can’t see,” how Snyder could even it (can’t even see it) and Bo is going to stick Snyder, Cox then Sads.

Noted.

I see you are a believer.

I am also a believer.

BO DESTROYER OF DESTROYER OF WORLDS

2 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Nah.  The PSU fans posting that he will go up to 97 because he has a better chance beating Snyder than Taylor have the inside info.  

Not a PSU fan, but a logical fellar.

Gratitude for the compliments.