Seth Gross makes an already loaded weight at the big 10's that much better.  Gross, Suriano, Micic, DeSanto, RBY, Pletcher all battling it out.  Seeding will be key at the big 10's so I wouldn't be surprised if we see some more ducking at this weight next season.  I like Gross over a healthy Micic in the big 10 finals, with Suriano taking out RBY for 3rd.

6 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

What about Daton Fix, Phillippi and Gomez? 

Did they transfer in somewhere?

Michigan State could use another transfer 133lber...

On 5/28/2019 at 2:21 PM, wildcatfan1992 said:

Seth Gross makes an already loaded weight at the big 10's that much better.  Gross, Suriano, Micic, DeSanto, RBY, Pletcher all battling it out.  Seeding will be key at the big 10's so I wouldn't be surprised if we see some more ducking at this weight next season.  I like Gross over a healthy Micic in the big 10 finals, with Suriano taking out RBY for 3rd.

Holy fook - Just when you thought last years 133 BT finish was filthy at NCAA's with Big1 wrestlers taking 6 places on the podium with a 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 finish, they reload with 3 guys who have been finalists, two champions...You could be a top ten stud and go Zero wins for the month of January or February. 

Wouldn't shock me if Pletcher redshirted.  Bucks are planning to redshirt Kharchla and Kerkvliet both of whom are better than the wrestlers who will start.  Why not shirt Pletcher and just concede the season while getting ready to put a stud lineup on the mat in a year?

17 minutes ago, silvermedal said:

Wouldn't shock me if Pletcher redshirted.  Bucks are planning to redshirt Kharchla and Kerkvliet both of whom are better than the wrestlers who will start.  Why not shirt Pletcher and just concede the season while getting ready to put a stud lineup on the mat in a year?

I can see Pletcher RS is if he's to big for 133. Malik,Pletcher,Keyshawn,Sasso,Maddox,Romero,Smith,Hoffman,Moore and Singletary is still a solid team  

Pletcher looked really good at U23's. If you would have told he he would take Eierman to the third match while going up a weight I would have said no way. Eierman couldn't stop his single leg.

58 minutes ago, justafan said:

I can see Pletcher RS is if he's to big for 133. Malik,Pletcher,Keyshawn,Sasso,Maddox,Romero,Smith,Hoffman,Moore and Singletary is still a solid team  

I mean... Singletary just made 97kg. Is he Moore's replacement at 197 or is there any chance we see them swap next year?

2 hours ago, justafan said:

I'd shirt Heinselman too.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I mean... Singletary just made 97kg. Is he Moore's replacement at 197 or is there any chance we see them swap next year?

97kg is considerably above 197(16.4 lbs).  If you are cutting at all to make that, getting to 197 is unlikely. 

This is why I think Moore hasn’t quite looked like he did his freshman year. He is more suited for 97kg, but is stuck between 197 and 285 and he just doesn’t have the horsepower Snyder had to commit to 285. 

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

97kg is considerably above 197(16.4 lbs).  If you are cutting at all to make that, getting to 197 is unlikely. 

This is why I think Moore hasn’t quite looked like he did his freshman year. He is more suited for 97kg, but is stuck between 197 and 285 and he just doesn’t have the horsepower Snyder had to commit to 285. 

I know. I get all that.

That being said, Singletary looked GREAT.  Beating a few prominent 197lbers.  With the right lifestyle, he could make noise at 197lbs after Moore leaves.

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I know. I get all that.

That being said, Singletary looked GREAT.  Beating a few prominent 197lbers.  With the right lifestyle, he could make noise at 197lbs after Moore leaves.

Guys surprise me all the time with weight changes, but Singletary is a pretty big bodied guy.  197 at least looks like it would be a crazy pull for him.  But, with Kerkvliet waiting in the wings, it is probably the only way he sees the lineup again after this upcoming season.

And I agree, I was impressed by how he wrestled.  If he could keep that going at 197, he would be a solid force at the weight.

On 5/28/2019 at 2:27 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

How does RBY get over the DeSanto hurdle?  The one armed strategy is not a viable one....

Maybe he'll get him if he fakes hitting his head and takes a lil breather.... Wait, he tried that already too.

21 hours ago, headshuck said:

Is 133 always 10x tougher than, say David Tayler’s bracket? Or are we just enamored with the lightweights?

6 guys AA'ing from one conference, even the Big Ten, is pretty impressive

5 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Theoretically Kollin could also take an Olympic redshirt... I just don't see him agreeing to do that.  

I don’t think Moore likes making 197 AT ALL!  I would think he wants to get that weight class behind him ASAP.  Plus, the weight class is set up as good as it can be for him to finally get his title. 3,4,2,1 would put him pretty high up on the tOSU ladder!