Jimmy Cinnabon

Which college coach is the best developer of talent?

Of course this has to take into account what you start with.  I.e. if you start with the overall #1 ranked recruit there may not be as much development that can be achieved.  On the flipside if you start with an unheralded walk-on and turn him into a champ or AA you have achieved a lot of development.

All in all, which NCAA div 1 coach would you consider the best developer of talent?  I will start the discussion by nominating Rob Koll.

16 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Talk about THE topic to rile up PSU/Sanderson fans. S H A M E  O N  Y O U ! ! ! ! ! ! 

Cael is the best overall coach.  But I don't think he can qualify for best overall developer of talent because so many of his guys come in as top top recruits from high school.  Likewise I don't think Tom Ryan or Tom Brands could qualify for this reason.

9 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Excellent choice.  Look what he did for Suriano.  After DNP at a different school, he blossoms into a finalist and ultimately a natty champ!

Look what he did for #2 overall recruit Scott Winston

But I thought without the quality of partners and coaching that Suriano was never going to reach his potential?

That is precisely what PSU drones said when he left.

Gross leaves Iowa and becomes an animal.

It's amazing how many potentially good programs could be out there if the "top 5's gave them a chance".