Sign in to follow this  

Can Wrestlers profit from websites?

I noticed Seth Gross seems to always be promoting the website “h1story” wrestling.

I obviously don’t know if he’s even profiting from it at all and am not accusing him of it, but if he did, that would be a no no right?

11 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I noticed Seth Gross seems to always be promoting the website “h1story” wrestling.

I obviously don’t know if he’s even profiting from it at all and am not accusing him of it, but if he did, that would be a no no right?

Do you understand how websites make money?

6 hours ago, BobDole said:

Do you understand how websites make money?

Advertising mostly.  Haven’t looked at the site that closely but at first glance it doesn’t appear to have much if any.   It does sell T-shirt’s though 

On 6/5/2019 at 8:59 PM, JasonBryant said:

and all you have to do is buy my course for $497 and learn the secrets that will make you make money and fully understand the meaning of financial freedom! 

Who do you think you are, the L Ron Hubbard of wrestling?

That's Gable, btw.

How does the NCAA handle this type of thing now for Athletes?

Remember the Colorado player Jeremy Bloom who quit the team because NCAA nailed him for his earnings he was making as an Olympic Champion skiier?

The NCAA might see Websites in the same light - getting attention and dollars by marketing their name as an athlete.

Did Snyder have to put the dollars in a Trust of some sort to get around this, or did they change the rules?

On 6/3/2019 at 5:27 PM, 1032004 said:

What is wrong with you? Go back to hall monitoring.  You are a rotten apple.  

On 6/16/2019 at 2:12 PM, WillieBoy said:

How does the NCAA handle this type of thing now for Athletes?

Remember the Colorado player Jeremy Bloom who quit the team because NCAA nailed him for his earnings he was making as an Olympic Champion skiier?

The NCAA might see Websites in the same light - getting attention and dollars by marketing their name as an athlete.

Did Snyder have to put the dollars in a Trust of some sort to get around this, or did they change the rules?

The NCAA changed the rule since bloom to now allow endorsement money in other sports. I.E. bloom would now only be ineligible to ski.  It makes me wonder whether Pico has NCAA eligibility.