Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LifeintheRed

Anybody Going to World's?

Recommended Posts

I'm thinking about it (but I live in China so I'm much closer than most flying over from the US).  I can give recommendations on other things to do in KZ as I've been before for work.  It's a really interesting country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might go. I found a flight/hotel for about $1000.  As much as I love wrestling I'd feel like it would be kind of a waste to travel all that way just for that so I'm trying to tie other stuff into it.  Also getting flights in and out of Kazakhstan is annoying and expensive.  Flying that long in economy class sucks unless it's with one of the Gulf carriers.  I flew to Qatar last year from Los Angeles in economy class and it was great.  Then I flew home from Abu Dhabi in business class and never want to go back to economy again..lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to World Championship and stay all days 13-23.9.2019. Our group is about 10 people and direct flights cost only 300 euros. 

2009 Herning, 2010 Moscow, 2013 Budapest, 2015 Las Vegas, 2017 Paris, 2018 Budapest and 2019 Nursultan.

Tickets you can buy here --> https://kassir.kz/category/chempionat-mira-po-borbe

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FreestyleWrestler said:

I am going to World Championship and stay all days 13-23.9.2019. Our group is about 10 people and direct flights cost only 300 euros. 

2009 Herning, 2010 Moscow, 2013 Budapest, 2015 Las Vegas, 2017 Paris, 2018 Budapest and 2019 Nursultan.

Tickets you can buy here --> https://kassir.kz/category/chempionat-mira-po-borbe

 

Where's the English version? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JasonBryant said:


Exactly. One of my best friends from college lived in (the city formerly known as) Astana for nearly six years. He never once talked about danger or crime.

Americans think that anyplace with stan in the name is some dangerous backwater country that is full of crazy suicide bombers, Jihadists and people who hate America.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, FreestyleWrestler said:

I am going to World Championship and stay all days 13-23.9.2019. Our group is about 10 people and direct flights cost only 300 euros. 

2009 Herning, 2010 Moscow, 2013 Budapest, 2015 Las Vegas, 2017 Paris, 2018 Budapest and 2019 Nursultan.

Tickets you can buy here --> https://kassir.kz/category/chempionat-mira-po-borbe

 

I just bought tickets off this site.  Managed to get two days worth before my card got frozen and I got a call & text from my bank alerting me to suspicious activity.  Suspicious indeed! lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TripNSweep said:

Americans think that anyplace with stan in the name is some dangerous backwater country that is full of crazy suicide bombers, Jihadists and people who hate America.  

Well, to be fair, Shiraz isn't from the U.S. I think his perspective is probably different than many who post here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2019 at 12:08 PM, Shiraz123 said:

No. Too dangerous. Love wrestling but not willing to risk my life over it. Stay safe everyone going over there.

What? There is no need to be concerned about safety in regards to traveling to Kazakhstan for the world championships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SetonHallPirate said:

A Level 1 travel advisory is the lowest level possible. Heck, Canada has a Level 1 travel advisory as well, and the United Kingdom has a Level 2.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/canada-travel-advisory.html

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/united-kingdom-travel-advisory.html

China has issued a travel advisory for the US.....

Is USA Wrestling planning to have tickets, or are we on our own?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TripNSweep said:

Americans think that anyplace with stan in the name is some dangerous backwater country that is full of crazy suicide bombers, Jihadists and people who hate America.  

Isn't Shiraz Iranian?  I'm not personally familiar with Iranian/Kazakh relations, but perhaps it's a bit different than for westerners...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Isn't Shiraz Iranian?  I'm not personally familiar with Iranian/Kazakh relations, but perhaps it's a bit different than for westerners...

I have no idea what nationality he is.  As far as Iran/Kazakhstan relations they're on pretty good terms from what I can remember.  Since they're both on the Caspian Sea they probably have signed some kind of agreements in the past.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2019 at 11:13 AM, Sparky said:

China has issued a travel advisory for the US.....

Is USA Wrestling planning to have tickets, or are we on our own?

I talked to Ryan Johnson at USA Wrestling on Tuesday. He said they're definitely getting a block of tickets and he should know something about it end of this week.  I purchased some online anyway (cheap enough- about $13 ticket for lower level left or right of center) and if USA Wrestling gets better tickets then I'll go with them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 12:49 AM, LifeintheRed said:

I talked to Ryan Johnson at USA Wrestling on Tuesday. He said they're definitely getting a block of tickets and he should know something about it end of this week.  I purchased some online anyway (cheap enough- about $13 ticket for lower level left or right of center) and if USA Wrestling gets better tickets then I'll go with them.  

First, thanks for the link you provided.  I was thinking about ordering them that way but I'll wait to see what USA Wrestling comes up with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...