Jimmy Cinnabon

Does Zain have a shot against Yianni?

7 hours ago, hotspur said:

No one "crushes" Yianni.  Are you really that stupid?

It’s not that absurd of a statement. We’re talking folkstyle, where Yianni was a controversial call away from losing to McKenna vs a 2x Hodge trophy winner on a near 100 match win streak. 

It’s not that absurd of a statement. We’re talking folkstyle, where Yianni was a controversial call away from losing to McKenna vs a 2x Hodge trophy winner on a near 100 match win streak. 
Zain ran away from Stieber. Don't forget that fact!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, AZ_wrestling said:

You don't understand the word "crushed," do you?

21 hours ago, hotspur said:

No one "crushes" Yianni.  Are you really that stupid?

I get your point but Zain in folkstyle might tech Yianni. Zain is one of the best ever on top and while Yianni is better on his feet, the margin isn’t huge. I might pick Zain in a folk match 

6 hours ago, hotspur said:

You don't understand the word "crushed," do you?

If Zain beats Yianni in folk it would be due to his top game. Zain can tech anyone on the right day from top. I really don’t think it is that absurd. Maybe it is as likely as Yianni teching Zain in Freestyle. I’m not picking that, but I wouldn’t be shocked. 

Zain's top game in folk equates to having a phenomenal ankle lace or gut wrench in free. Anyone with either of those skills can tech anyone in free. Zain could tech Yianni in folk if he got him down and started turning him. Is it likely, no. Could it happen, yes. 

35 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Zain's top game in folk equates to having a phenomenal ankle lace or gut wrench in free. Anyone with either of those skills can tech anyone in free. Zain could tech Yianni in folk if he got him down and started turning him. Is it likely, no. Could it happen, yes. 

Has anyone *ever* turned Yianni from top in a folkstyle match?  Like, since 7th grade?  I doubt it.

But, yeah, Zain could do it often enough to get a tech fall against him.

2 hours ago, Housebuye said:

I get your point but Zain in folkstyle might tech Yianni. Zain is one of the best ever on top and while Yianni is better on his feet, the margin isn’t huge. I might pick Zain in a folk match 

Beat Yianni in folk... sure.  Tech Yianni?  Come on, now you're talking crazy.  

I think this one will take all three matches to decide.  Yianni's scrambling was the difference in their last match up.  Zain finished a double and was able to get an exposure.  Yianni's last second TD came off Zain's shot.  For Zain to win, he needs to finish quickly and not give Yianni time to get into those scrambles.

This will be like Henson vs Akin and Colat vs Zadick.   They are always close and exciting matches but the winner is the same. 

Yianni has more tools and wins.

mspart

6 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Beat Yianni in folk... sure.  Tech Yianni?  Come on, now you're talking crazy.  

I wouldn't pick it, but Zain is one of the best ever on top in folkstyle, plus up at 149 Zain would have a significant size advantage, which matters given their styles. 

edit: I called that Yianni would be champ early in his true freshman year. I think very highly of him. 

Edited by Housebuye

On 6/5/2019 at 3:20 PM, spladle08 said:

Zain has a chance, but he is more "Metcalf" than I like from neutral. Straight forward, grind you out if he can. Not very creative, etc etc...

I like Yianni's chances more vs elite competition so I hope he wins.
But the gap isn't anymore than a take-down if there is any. It's a toss.

It's like Zain is 50/50 with the top 20 guys in the world. He will be defensive, stable, and beat 10 and lose to 10 who knows which ones.
I feel like Yainni is 70/30 with the top 10. Where he wins more often than he loses to the toughest opponents.
Here's hoping it doesn't land on Heads 2x out of 3 for ZainTrain

I agree I sometimes wonder if Zain will be another Metcalf in free.

I’m confused the last scoring sequence was challenged yet there was a lot of match that occurred after., but we don’t go back and wrestle the seconds after the change in scoring??