spladle08

Downey Making Weight...

14 hours ago, Blue Dragons said:

He could weigh-in fully clothed. HOWEVER, if Downey must weigh-in, so should Taylor in order to qualify his #2 spot on the National Team. 

If that is J’Den in a recent picture, and I’m sure it is, no way he goes down a class next year.

13 hours ago, DanGerMan said:

Downey is collecting a forfeit at Final X. To win by forfeit, you make weight and appear at the mat in uniform to get your hand raised. Why is this an issue?

This is my thought as well.  It happens at all levels.  Make weight, singlet straps up, hand raised...and you officially accept the forfeit and the W.  This isn't an odd thing.

1 hour ago, Sstern said:

If that is J’Den in a recent picture, and I’m sure it is, no way he goes down a class next year.

His legs are massive in comparison to PD. I think Cox moves up next year as well.  KS/Cox will be the biggest domestic wrestling match of all time. 

18 minutes ago, Nicky_Pipes said:

His legs are massive in comparison to PD. I think Cox moves up next year as well.  KS/Cox will be the biggest domestic wrestling match of all time. 

Lewboo vs Smith, Kemp vs Schultz

35 minutes ago, JBluegill133 said:

This is my thought as well.  It happens at all levels.  Make weight, singlet straps up, hand raised...and you officially accept the forfeit and the W.  This isn't an odd thing.

The only thing I can say is that many people are stating that these are really like wrestle offs.  If that is true, do you need to make weight put your singlet on and get your hand raised for wrestle offs?

6 minutes ago, teach said:

The only thing I can say is that many people are stating that these are really like wrestle offs.  If that is true, do you need to make weight put your singlet on and get your hand raised for wrestle offs?

You should have to make weight for an actual wrestle off.

If KS and Cox both medal this year, they will combine for 9 world/Olympic medals going into the final X match, along with 6 NCAA titles as well .
Itll be a great battle for the spot. Sucks neither can probably make 86kg but I reckon it's a good problem to have .

Just wondering if the day Colon accepted the world team offer, if he weighed in?

Cant wait for the flow video of  Pyles and Bader  licking all over Downey at weigh in.

1 hour ago, spladle08 said:
1 hour ago, Nicky_Pipes said:
If KS and Cox both medal this year, they will combine for 9 world/Olympic medals going into the final X match, along with 6 NCAA titles as well .

Itll be a great battle for the spot. Sucks neither can probably make 86kg but I reckon it's a good problem to have .

Nickal will help both of them off the mat after prevailing. 

Can't have it both ways, sports fans.  If you are a Downey supporter and you've attacked the people who have suggested that PDIII was in some way gifted his spot, your main argument has been that your boy followed the rules as established and wasn't gifted anything.  Well, if those rules require him to make weight for Finals X, quit crying that poor little Patty has to make weight.

And if you whined that PDIII was gifted something, here's your next dose of reality:  like him or not, he's done everything required within the pre-set rules and he's even making weight at FX, so save the outrage.

Now hurry Friday so we can watch some wrestling...

It is kind of weird that he has to make weight.  I just don't understand why.  Taylor won't be making weight.  Will Heflin be there making weight? 

What happens if Downey doesn't make weight? Is the spot Heflin's? (who likely also will not be there making weight)

2 hours ago, Nicky_Pipes said:

If KS and Cox both medal this year, they will combine for 9 world/Olympic medals going into the final X match, along with 6 NCAA titles as well 

Is Cox getting a waiver this year to wrestle for Canada or something?

How does he medal?

3 hours ago, Nicky_Pipes said:

If combined world medals is your measuring stick, at the 1996 Olympic Trials, Big Bruce vs. Tom Erikson featured 11 World medals.

Downey looks to be in genuinely good shape (abs don't stick out if you're over 6-8% body fat) so kudos to him for peaking physically, and Cox looks pretty tapered already so not sure if he can make 86kg even with a year?. Hope Flo posts the weigh-ins of everyone - I'm curious about Cox, Ringer, Coon (GR) and Steveson. If Ringer is getting as big as some have suggested he is going to have to dig deep in to the well of his OSU weight-cutting mental tricks and hang out in the sauna with Fix all day tomorrow and Saturday. And I wonder how much IMar will have to rehydrate or if he really is a 70/74 who doesn't want to give up weight at 79?

Edited by bnwtwg
sp

2 hours ago, AHamilton said:

What happens if Downey doesn't make weight? Is the spot Heflin's? (who likely also will not be there making weight)

It would be funny if Heflin cancelled PD’s reservations and then booked every hotel room in town except for one directly upstairs from a Dunkin’ Donuts. 

I’ve been binge watching “Billions” too much.