Sign in to follow this  
Lurker

National Wrestling Hall of Fame

With the ceremony having just passed it has had me wondering how one gets nominated. Is there a certain group of individuals that can make nominations, or can anyone and “they” take it from there. Anyone know the policies and procedures? Or where I could find them. Jason Bryant maybe?  Anyone?

Nominations come from current representatives of the NWHOF and there's a number of supporting letters and material that need to go with. Best route for someone who isn't in the NWHOF (that includes state chapters) is to talk with someone in the hall and see if they can write the recommendation on behalf of the individual you want. I'm not on any active board with the NWHOF or its state chapter, but for example, I received our "Call for Nominations" from the Virginia Chapter last week, so I could nominate and then that would be sent to each state's respective board (or the national board) for discussion, etc.

Here's what I found....go to NWHOF.org, click on Stillwater (at the top), click on Wrestling Hall of Fame (left column), under Distinguished members (derfinition), click on nomination forms and procedures.  This is coming from Krista Graff who is in charge of all the State Chapters.

Fadzaev2

Board member/past officer of a State Chapter