Gantry

Final X Rutgers live thread

Just now, MadMardigain said:

At least they are getting quicker about uploading the matches at the events conclusion.  As well as now posting a entire session video for many events. 

Yeah, their uploading is money.  Edited my post. 

1 hour ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I don’t think anybody overlooked Retherford. They just voted with their hearts. Zain is outstanding but I’d rather have Yianni on the team. Fresh blood, more upside, and a very hard style to face the first time. 

That's what I wanted as well, but Retherford executed perfectly and good luck to him!

I have no doubt any one of these clowns would school me. Hard. Any style. 

But that guy who just yelled "You kidding me?! Make them wrestle!!" may be my spirit creature.

That seemed to be clearly a breather break to me by Bey.

1 hour ago, dmm53 said:

For all Cox's talk, he did nothing except one defensive move.  

For all dmm's talk, he's nowhere to be found after Bo gets schooled in 2.

Edited by KCMO2

1 minute ago, KCMO2 said:

For all dmm's talk, he doesn't show after Bo get's schooled in 2.

Bo is lucky they didn't lay down a few bottles of dish soap before their 2nd match.

Wowzer. It would've looked like a air hockey match out there.

8 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

That seemed to be clearly a breather break to me by Bey.

If you looked close at the replay Bey did bounce that leg hard off the mat as he was trying to stop Smiths momentum out of bounds.  May not have been big issue but it was enough to prevent him from stopping the Smith score.  That leg bring shocked was likely is what he took the injury break for since it was what the trainer was evaluating.  Now the length of the injury time may have been as much of a breather as it was anything since the leg looked fine after he got back to action. 

Edited by MadMardigain

41 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Not only are you wrong but you're also a grade a douche. Respect them and their performances.

He's not wrong. I've witnessed HS boys, with 2-3 years of low level wrestling under their belt beat women Olympic medalists. On multiple occasions. Sure, they should be respected, but saying they are as good as the men is highly disrespectful to the men. It's a sport still on the upswing. 

1 minute ago, MadMardigain said:

If you looked close at the replay Bay did bounce that leg hard off the mat as he was trying to stop Smiths momentum out of bounds.  May not have been big issue but it was enough to prevent him from stopping the Smith score.  That leg bring shocked was likely is what he took the injury break for since it was what the trainer was evaluating.  Now the length of the injury time may have been as much of a breather as it was anything since the leg looked fine after he got back to action. 

Fair enough.

I'm overall a bit disappointed that some of our young guns are contented with not grinding g out the win. Gwiz was tougher. Condor was tougher. Smith was tougher.

Just now, bigmik said:

He's not wrong. I've witnessed HS boys, with 2-3 years of low level wrestling under their belt beat women Olympic medalists. On multiple occasions. Sure, they should be respected, but saying they are as good as the men is highly disrespectful to the men. It's a sport still on the upswing. 

This year? These ladies here? Or 5 years ago? When wrestling wasn't near the level it is now for women?

2 minutes ago, bigmik said:

Also I challenged someone to name a state where Condor wouldn't have won the 106lb bracket this year. Right now. Can you?

39 minutes ago, RED said:

I don't care how far back you go.  There were NO points.  As a matter of fact, at the very start of the match, Zain shot and Yanni exposed him twice.  In my book, it should have been 4-0 Yanni.  BTW, where exactly did they find the points.  If it was a minute back into the match, are they not supposed to restart at that point.  Makes no sense, Yanni wrestles to the end assuming he's ahead.  If the call was made when it should have (not that it should have), he would have had a minute to fight back.  So wrong on so many levels.  This was criminal.

The opening sequence was scored correctly, per the rules Zain won no matter what, you clearly had Yianni winning no matter what happened in the match. I do agree however that if they do overturn something that far back Yianni should have had time himself to score. I feel the better wrestler won tonight. Most of the scoring action was initiated by Zain. 

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Fair enough.

I'm overall a bit disappointed that some of our young guns are contented with not grinding g out the win. Gwiz was tougher. Condor was tougher. Smith was tougher.

I pointed out in the Bey thread that he was suppose to be the spark to the USA Greco program but us hasn’t came to fruition yet.   Maybe Bey needed this domestic loss to have a “come to Jesus” moment with his future training. Either way I’m good without Smith having his shot since Bey has been so internationally inconsistent over the last few years. 

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Also I challenged someone to name a state where Condor wouldn't have won the 106lb bracket this year. Right now. Can you?

She probably wouldn't win in PA or CA. The wrestling has improved, but you are in for a huge surprise if you think that they can take out the top boys. She wouldn't have had a chance against a middle school Logan Stieber, a terrible wrestler by world class standards.

1 minute ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

What an idiot you are. Zain had nothing to do with the score being overturned besides throwing the brick. 

Agreed, that was just a stupid selfish comment.

11 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

Limited access to internet now but saw the tweet where Yanni was NOT given 2 for the exposure.  A ref (or refs) should be banned from all Final X bouts in the future.  Real head scratcher...  

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I believe they said it was our main US official Tucci on the replay with another top official with many years of international experience Errett beside him at the scores table.  Not sure you can get much higher in the US than them.  Clarifying how the replay rules are applied is a better avenue to get fixed.  

Edited by MadMardigain