Gantry

Final X Rutgers live thread

10 minutes ago, Pennsy Kraken said:

There is no way Bo is bumping to 97kg next cycle having weighed 87kg today. Taylor is gonna have a tough road back and 86kg is the easier path by far

He weighed in at only 191 pounds? But he won an NCAA title at 197 pounds.  Was he undersized all year?

Just now, pamela said:

86 seemed like a huge gap for Taylor when he moved up from 74. Just feed Bo whatever they’ve been feeding DT and Cassar.

The situations are completely different. It took Taylor 2 years to adjust and 86 had cleared out. At 97 Bo will be looking at both Cox and Snyder and no benefit of sitting out until Final X. As for Cassar... his only threat was a cocky true FR who couldn't finish the match in the 3rd.

Gable's gas tank continues to be an issue.  He at least made an attempt to score at the end in this match, but I just can't help but feel that anytime he is down by a score against a top opponent with 1-2 minutes left he is going to lose.  I don't think I've ever seen him come back from a hole

I know that Gwiz is more experienced, and one hell of a great heavyweight.    Is it possible that a guy like Gable that pins 90 out of a hundred competitors in his lifetime is still building his big boy gas tank?   Man, I would like to see Gwiz get a gold medal between now and Tokyo.  After that, I suspect we may not lose a heavyweight match for a decade.  Kid is special.

54 minutes ago, Full Nelson said:

Women's wrestling appears to be on a skill level comparable to high school boys wrestling.

I like watching it, I respect their competitive desire, but it's a lot of muscling like in high school wrestling.

Am I just wrong?

Not only are you wrong but you're also a grade a douche. Respect them and their performances.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO.  Terrible officiating, both Yianni and the fans got robbed.  How do you review the entire period based on a challenge after the match is over?

Edited by lost