Gantry

Final X Rutgers live thread

Just now, Full Nelson said:

No disrespect whatsoever.   All you got is name calling.

Also respect. I have respect for their skill in their effort and performance.

Quit being a ponce.

11 minutes ago, Peso said:

I know that Gwiz is more experienced, and one hell of a great heavyweight.    Is it possible that a guy like Gable that pins 90 out of a hundred competitors in his lifetime is still building his big boy gas tank?   Man, I would like to see Gwiz get a gold medal between now and Tokyo.  After that, I suspect we may not lose a heavyweight match for a decade.  Kid is special.

Gable wrestled 38 NCAA matches as a freshman and had 4 pins.  His gas tank issues have nothing to do with getting too many pins.  

He's 19 and has time to figure it out.  Hopefully he does because he has unlimited potential, and since heavyweights don't cut, they have far longer careers.  

Love for someone here to try and score that one correctly.  No one was going to 100% agree on how any version of that scramble fest score turned out. When you willingly commit yourself to wrestling that type of match you ate also putting yourself at risk of the officials subjectivity not going in your favor.  

Edited by MadMardigain

Throw the brick when the questionable calls happens or lose the challenge.  That is a joke.  

Beyond that, I have no idea how that could've changed.  Weird.. or stupid. 

Just now, MadMardigain said:

Love for someone here to try and score that one correctly.  No one was going to 100% agree on how that scramble fest turned out. 

12-2 Yianni.

By the reaction of disbelief in the crowd.

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Also respect. I have respect for their skill in their effort and performance.

Quit being a ponce.

I disagree that their skill level is high relative to mens wrestling.

That is just an honest observation of where that sport is at.  You can't handle the truth, as Jack would say.

Women's basketball was TERRIBLE for about 15 years, BTW.  It got much better.

I don't care how far back you go.  There were NO points.  As a matter of fact, at the very start of the match, Zain shot and Yanni exposed him twice.  In my book, it should have been 4-0 Yanni.  BTW, where exactly did they find the points.  If it was a minute back into the match, are they not supposed to restart at that point.  Makes no sense, Yanni wrestles to the end assuming he's ahead.  If the call was made when it should have (not that it should have), he would have had a minute to fight back.  So wrong on so many levels.  This was criminal.

Just now, boconnell said:

I think holding them to the same standard as men is the ultimate form of respect.  It's a young sport and there's no way they can be as far along technically yet, but the way they get there isn't by pretending that they are.  

Never said they needed to be compared differently.

Saying they are on the level of HS is a bit of a punch in the proverbial pickle and eggs.

Name a state tournament at 106 that Condor wouldn't win.

The piece that ticks me off isn't even the scoring, as there are a couple of exchanges that could have gone either way, but how do they go back an entire minute and review a sequence that wasn't even being challenged?