Gantry

Final X Rutgers live thread

38 minutes ago, Perry said:

I legit hope retherford goes 0 and 1 again after that. Dont care if it hurts us 

Cry much?  Retherford didn't ref the match.

Yianni had a chance to win the 1st one. He didn't. If Yianni had gone to his offense he may have kept it out of the review. He didn't.

Edited by PSUSMC

1 minute ago, lost said:

The piece that ticks me off isn't even the scoring, as there are a couple of exchanges that could have gone either way, but how do they go back an entire minute and review a sequence that wasn't even being challenged?

A great sport, but a really  frustrating one.  

1 minute ago, Katie said:

I wonder how Cassar would match up against Gwiz.

I think we see him at 97 next year, no? 213 is a little over 10lbs under where he was without a cut this year.

That being said styles make matches. Gwiz beats him easily.

13 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

Love for someone here to try and score that one correctly.  No one was going to 100% agree on how any version of that scramble fest score turned out. When you willingly commit yourself to wrestling that type of match you ate also putting yourself at risk of the officials subjectivity not going in your favor.  

agreed, but the challenge should have come sooner... or they put time back to that point... b/c yanni wrestles differently if score changes.

again, i wanted z to win... but this was wrong.

Just now, Katie said:

I wonder how Cassar would match up against Gwiz.

Not well.  Cassar beat Gable with gas tank.  He also backed out a ton without stalling.  That's awesome match management in folkstyle.  

In a FS match he's not going to double leg Gwiz and he's not going to have the better gas tank (at least not enough to matter). 

Gable is a wrestler with some holes that Cassar excellently exploited.  I'll pick Cassar again next year.  But Gwiz is just superior to Cassar in every aspect.

Does anyone love the idea we may see this Final X end with a Kamal Bey throw?

Not for nothing, but Smith-Bey has probably been the 2nd most fun series to watch so far.

Just now, nhs67 said:

I think we see him at 97 next year, no? 213 is a little over 10lbs under where he was without a cut this year.

That being said styles make matches. Gwiz beats him easily.

Good point. 

A recent article said Cassar currently weighs 237 or something, and that he was trying to get to 245. 

But I suppose 213 is still not out of the question. 

5 minutes ago, GockeS said:

agreed, but the challenge should have come sooner... or they put time back to that point... b/c yanni wrestles differently if score changes.

again, i wanted z to win... but this was wrong.

Agee it was a pretty late challenge if they are basing the scoring off something from 45sec prior.  Obviously the coaches aren’t going to challenge anything while the scramble is still occurring and their guy could possibly come out on top in the end without the brick.  I’m sure Yanni’s coaches has the brick ready right at the end too since it was all one continued scramble sequence up to that point. Without a clear break in action the officials are stuck on when and how much to review.  Officials need to better agree on what part of the sequence they are required to review based on the time the brick actually is tossed. 

Edited by MadMardigain

2 minutes ago, Katie said:

I’m a huge Bo fan.

But I also think Cox is constantly overlooked by fans. I never understood it. 

Yep.  Cox is awesome and Nickal is in the wrong weight class.  It was an easy call for anyone who has truly watched Cox the last few years.

3 minutes ago, boconnell said:

Not well.  Cassar beat Gable with gas tank.  He also backed out a ton without stalling.  That's awesome match management in folkstyle.  

In a FS match he's not going to double leg Gwiz and he's not going to have the better gas tank (at least not enough to matter). 

Gable is a wrestler with some holes that Cassar excellently exploited.  I'll pick Cassar again next year.  But Gwiz is just superior to Cassar in every aspect.

Also another thing to consider is Gwiz is 262lbs. I imagine he is a solid 265 or so by next year.

How did Cassar do against the 265+ bigguns? I recall an annoyingly close 8-4 match at some point.

4 minutes ago, Katie said:

Good point. 

A recent article said Cassar currently weighs 237 or something, and that he was trying to get to 245. 

But I suppose 213 is still not out of the question. 

Walz weighed 245-250 and wrestles 213, so it is possible.

we already have an objective system ... that can't clearly pick a winner and yet there are people who want to go back to a committee to pick the team.

some people are saying if it hadn't been cael...

lol

8 minutes ago, LemonPie said:

When is Flo going to get a playback feature for their streaming? 

At least they are getting quicker about uploading the matches at the events conclusion.  As well as now posting a entire session replay for many events. Much improved from the couple say wait or in come cases never posting some matches. 

Edited by MadMardigain