Gable is extremely talented but did not like his lack of urgency to score at the end there. If he’s gonna be complacent here he will be complacent at worlds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, misterc said:

Gable is extremely talented but did not like his lack of urgency to score at the end there. If he’s gonna be complacent here he will be complacent at worlds.

No lack of urgency, he was gassed

1 minute ago, MadMardigain said:

Second that. Has to find a way contain Gwiz without burning through his gas tank to do it. 

Training with Tony Nelson is not going to prepare him for pace of Gwiz.  Not sure the intensity of that match can be fully prepared for.

So yeah, completely missed Gable being gassed the first match but definitely saw it in the second match. At least he attempted a shot at the end. Congrats to Gwiz.

I was Really impressed with Gable.  I had Gwiz winning, but felt Gable wrestled really well.  I agree on the gas tank, but I think it is hard to replicate world level wrestling at the senior level, which is why I think current members have that slight advantage.  

I also thought about how the only two guys who have been able to beat Gable are full grown men with man strength.  Another year or two of maturing strength and Gable will be a nightmare.  I thought it would be two years, but Gable might get it done next year on the Oly year.  If I were Stevens I would take the Oly redshirt and head to the OTC.  Spend the year wrestling seniors over overseas. 

Being as Gable wrestled 240 or so seconds in each of his 360 second matches I would say his average points per minute was better.

Imagine if he doesn't give up next year.

I think Gable is so used to winning that when he has to come from behind he just doesn't know how.  It's happened multiple times now against top guys (Cassar, Gwiz) and I don't think I've ever seen him get the winning score when the match is on the line.  Either he goes up early and coasts or he seems to struggle.

15 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Being as Gable wrestled 240 or so seconds in each of his 360 second matches I would say his average points per minute was better. 

Imagine if he doesn't give up next year. 

I thought it was said he was in the low 250s for seniors last year, where is the 240 coming from? 

8 minutes ago, Gantry said:

I thought it was said he was in the low 250s for seniors last year, where is the 240 coming from? 

240 seconds or so. It was me criticizing that he did not wrestle a full match at Final X in either bouts.

3 minutes ago, jeffrideal said:

Anybody know what Gable said to Gwiz after the second match? 

The general consensus is one of the following...

"Wansta meets me outsides?"

"I won't let you win next year. I am really a good guy and wanted to allow you one more shot at glory so I can focus on curbstomping the roided up Penn State guy from Jersey. If I wasn't so worried I now have to worry about that toon for another two seasons I would have been able to focus cardio a bit more. You know what? Screw it. I will redshirt next year so I still have a shot at 2 titles. Crap. Cap'n Kerk will still be there. Looks like I'll just have to rematch you right now. Let's go 2 more minutes. I'll try this time."

"Keep my seat warm for next year."