Did Smith say he had a PT Cruiser.  If so someone tell him the PT hasn’t the most reliable car either.  Pick something else as reference.  

Bey for all his athletic ability has been so inconsistent at the international level.  He was suppose to be our spark to get the USA Greco program around the next level.  That hasn’t happened.  Smith may not be the spark out program needs but I’m fine with him giving it a go if Bey hasn’t figured out how to deliver yet.  Maybe that’s what Bey needs going forward to figure out what he should be doing better going forward.

Edited by MadMardigain

2 hours ago, Coach_J said:

Am indifferent to Bey since he tried the toughguy routine and took a swing at the Russian overseas.  Great potential but just not a guy I can root for at this time.

Why was he not disciplined for attempting to assault an opponent? How many times do you think Downey would have to make weight if he did that?

I've said it once I'll say it 10000x Greco is 90% defense.

And he's 90% offense....

He can make these defensively vulnerable people look foolish but at the senior level the top guys have there way with him....

He will surely make teams in the future but I just to expect anything as far as medal contention goes.

16 hours ago, MadMardigain said:

Did Smith say he had a PT Cruiser.  If so someone tell him the PT hasn’t the most reliable car either.  Pick something else as reference.  

Bey for all his athletic ability has been so inconsistent at the international level.  He was suppose to be our spark to get the USA Greco program around the next level.  That hasn’t happened.  Smith may not be the spark out program needs but I’m fine with him giving it a go if Bey hasn’t figured out how to deliver yet.  Maybe that’s what Bey needs going forward to figure out what he should be doing better going forward.

I think he really has a PT cruiser.

7 hours ago, spladle08 said:

I've said it once I'll say it 10000x Greco is 90% defense.

And he's 90% offense....

He can make these defensively vulnerable people look foolish but at the senior level the top guys have there way with him....

He will surely make teams in the future but I just to expect anything as far as medal contention goes.

I think the hype about him, or at least why I was excited about him, is his potential to build Greco in the US. 

We’ve had good Greco guys before, but they tend to be very boring. It doesn’t matter as much if you world medals if you are boring (in terms of building the sport domestically - obviously world medals matter). 

Bey has the confidence, swag, athleticism and style to transcend Greco and bring fans in. I was hopefully that this happens. In terms of whether his current style can lead to world gold (which is needed too)? You may very well be right.