1 minute ago, Perry said:

It should go to match 3. By rules and ethics Zain lost. 

100% agree but too late should have challenged then not after match is done and championship is awarded.  I think he’s wasting time trying to challenge now

4 minutes ago, CaliWrestler said:

100% agree but too late should have challenged then not after match is done and championship is awarded.  I think he’s wasting time trying to challenge now

He did. He threw the brick. What else could he do "then"? The challenge may be annoying to you but challenging the system when there is clear and objective rationale for doing so is good for keeping the system honest. A challenge is  justified in this situation. Whether anything comes of it is another matter but no matter the outcome, Koll is not wrong to challenge.

22 minutes ago, CaliWrestler said:

Just on flo, Koll taking about lawyer up and getting arbitration going for 3rd match 

Now I know were Dake gets his complaining 

Passed along by the coach.  Unbelievable 

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6280587-2019-final-x-rutgers/videos?playing=6516652&limit=6

Koll did not mention a lawyer. He talked about making a case to USA wrestling. Seems like he has a good case. I can see where Dake gets his smarts.

3 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

He did. He threw the brick. What else could he do "then"? The challenge may be annoying to you but challenging the system when there is clear and objective rationale for doing so is good for keeping the system honest. A challenge is  justified in this situation. Whether anything comes of it is another matter but no matter the outcome, Koll is not wrong to challenge.

Challenge all he wants, whoever is in charge is not going to take away Zains 1st place medal and pictures with military after this match.  They don’t want to look dumb for bad refs call

Edited by CaliWrestler

4 minutes ago, NJDan said:
28 minutes ago, CaliWrestler said:

Just on flo, Koll taking about lawyer up and getting arbitration going for 3rd match 

Now I know were Dake gets his complaining 

Passed along by the coach.  Unbelievable 

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6280587-2019-final-x-rutgers/videos?playing=6516652&limit=6

Koll did not mention a lawyer. He talked about making a case to USA wrestling. Seems like he has a good case. I can see where Dake gets his smarts.

Listen again he said lawyer up and go to arbitration

Dake is smart but still couldn’t answer a question on what injury he suffered 

Edited by CaliWrestler

Cali - go away you geek.  NJ Dan love you more every day.  Send me a PM, where are you out of?  I'm a former Cornell guy forced by his wife to move to this God forsaken state of NJ!  

Just now, RED said:

Cali - go away you geek.  NJ Dan love you more every day.  Send me a PM, where are you out of?  I'm a former Cornell guy forced by his wife to move to this God forsaken state of NJ!  

Were you think dummy is says Caliwrestler 

3 minutes ago, scramble said:

I heard the lawyer comment at the end as a possibility but more for the purpose of accuracy in the clarification, and if it seems necessary.

Agree.  I thought Koll's comments were pretty reasonable.  

He spoke clearly and concisely.  He cited rules (bricks to be thrown within five seconds and not after the whistle), tied them to facts, argued that it is fundamentally unfair, and said he wants to do everything he can within the organization's protest process to back up his athlete.  And he was respectful of Retherford, as was Yianni in the tweet I saw from him.

He explained that he was trying to figure out what the protest rules are and that it was difficult to figure out what they were.  He said that he wants to protest, and at the :40 second mark he categorically stated that they'd live with the decision that results from the protest process. 

Given his clear statement that they'd live with the result of the protest, I interpreted his reference to a lawyer at 1:25 to be that, if the Ombudsman process at USA wrestling requires lawyers, or if it allows lawyers and it makes sense to be represented, then they would use a lawyer.  I didn't take that as a threat to go to the courts if the protest was denied.    

He got a little chippy in the last 30 seconds or so, which he probably would have been better off not doing for a few different reasons, but I thought under the circumstances that he handled the interview well on the whole.

19 minutes ago, Perry said:

Calm down tbar, your kid was handed a w and it was illigitimate as can be. Hope we get match 3

I'm perfectly calm. I just get a kick out of this thread. How does a Cornell guy ask Caliwrestler where he's from? It is patently obvious where he's from, except to RED. 

17 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I'm perfectly calm. I just get a kick out of this thread. How does a Cornell guy ask Caliwrestler where he's from? It is patently obvious where he's from, except to RED. 

Yes, he’s from Cali one of the larger city of Columbia. 

Just now, alliseeisgold said:

Koll shouldn't of left the mat until getting Zaddick and rules committee involved on the spot.

It's like the kent state wrestler ian miller, once you leave the mat you let it become finalized, trophy awarded, etc.

If that's the way it ends up, that would be ironic vis a vis Cornell, wouldn't it?

Although the situations are different, since one was whether the purely ministerial question of whether the scoreboard reflected the calls that were made.  The other is about whether the rules were properly applied to a challenge.