5 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

You are not helping your cause at all here. 

im not questioning the scoring. I admitted...after seeing the zapruder film that the second bullet was shot by zain from the knoll.

however, this does not mean that i believe the match was handled in the correct manner and that there should not be some redress/recourse to fix it.

and that a rule change is needed.

Edited by GockeS

4 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Are you being purposefully dense? I said it could have been called -- and should have been called-- had there been confusion about the score. You don't let the clock run out and THEN change the score.

Btw, the 2-2 was an obvious mistake. I don't know this, but you seem to be under the impression that both the NLWC corner and Tucci both knew to let the clock run out and then undertake review, as if this were done on purpose. Crap happens man. The action never stopped. That doesn't mean you allow a wrong score to go down without review once you are aware its wrong. 

7 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

But it wasn't called. So what are you then left with? You must then still review the wrong score. 

what you are left with is a need for a bad time rule.

Another reason you have to stop the match immediately if the score is wrong is for situations that are different than what happened in this match, but happen frequently.  If a wrestler is behind on the scoreboard by one point, but is actually behind by two points, they get in on a shot near the edge with short time left. They can "win the match" with a step out rather than go for the takedown.  No one could fault the wrestler for going for the step out, but they would be doing so because of wrongly being told what the score was.  The score on the scoreboard does influence how a wrestler wrestles a match that's why it's important to get it right or correct it as soon as it's wrong.  

Watching the replay in HD on Flo and the wrestling ends, the brick gets tossed and both wrestlers start to pace around. The replay goes on the jumbo and you can hear the announcer say that they (ZR) are challenging exposure (of Yianni) at the end. That was the challenge, not scoring 2-2.

7 minutes ago, DanGerMan said:

Watching the replay in HD on Flo and the wrestling ends, the brick gets tossed and both wrestlers start to pace around. The replay goes on the jumbo and you can hear the announcer say that they (ZR) are challenging exposure (of Yianni) at the end. That was the challenge, not scoring 2-2.

In this video you can see the brick come in at 2:59 and then the ref blows the final whistle maybe two second later. The ref walks over and you hear someone say "it wasn't 2-2" then something I can't understand then "the first one."  So it sounds like they are disputing the 2R, 2B call, but later the announcer says they are challenging "exposure at the conclusion of the bout." 

Edited by Fishbane

1 hour ago, GockeS said:

i would suggest you are too drawn up in your own hatred of a man you dont even know... and have begun to project it onto me.

I said exactly what that poster said for 10 pages... you villify me

and tell him that his common sense post is rare on this topic.

I only read your 50 posts up to the point of *bad time" after that nonsense I pretty much ignored the rest.  

Yes, sarcasm...

3 hours ago, tbert said:

Regardless,   Koll has found a captive ear in Derlan who embarrassingly, knows far less about freestyle than most on this forum.  

So the root cause appears to be some type of pissing contests between Koll and Tucci..    Koll calls for sanctions on him. 

Koll calls for sanctions on Tucci and also insinuates he was napping between sessions because he was either old or hung over from the night before.

Edited by AHamilton

Just now, AHamilton said:

Koll calls for sanctions on Tucci and also insinuates he was napping between sessions because he was eith old or hung over from the night before.

Ya not sure how helpful that will be for yanni.

1 hour ago, DanGerMan said:

Edited by justafan

3 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

There's no way this is going to be continued in Lincoln.  If they find that protocol was broken, we are talking Fargo... at earliest.

That situation was gonna be reviewed by Tucci regardless of how it was scored.If the Chair goes 2 either way the corner who doesnt score is gonna throw the brick and  we wouldve a Tucci review.The Chair went 2 and 2 which wasnt offered and we got a Tucci review.At no time in the last :58 did the action stop which would warrant a stoppage.The call which was made after review 2 Zain might not sit well with some but thats a judgement call and those dont change in protest.

people keep conflating "stoppage" and "challenge" and they are - under the rules - not the same thing. the rule is "throw the brick within 5 seconds of the score being posted." even if you interpret 5 as "five-ish"; you have to act quickly. it puts the officials on notice of your intent to challenge something. the wrestling continues until a natural stoppage, but you've preserved your right to make your case. this isn't part of the rule, more a guess about human nature, but It probably makes the ref more likely to whistle a stalemate to keep the clock from winding down since the time can't be recovered. "getting the scoring right" is literally not the only objective because if it were, you'd allow unlimited challenges. the rule is "pay attention and promptly challenge, because if you snooze you lose." 

based on the titan mercury post, assuming the mic is picking up everything that was said (and i don't pretend that it does, that's just the assumption for these purposes), i don't know how waiting 20 seconds to contemplate a challenge, then another 10 to throw the brick, is legit.

Edited by ugarte

2 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Koll calls for sanctions on Tucci and also insinuates he was napping between sessions because he was either old or hung over from the night before.

Those comments were un called for, imo. Koll implied things I doubt he has any knowledge of and he further sounded in that interview almost as if he endorsed age discrimination.

Koll basically personally attacked Tucci, 4x or 5x lauded the ref who awarded 2blue, and acted as if the judge who awarded 2red didn't exist. Never once mentioned that judge as I recall. So he continuously lauds the one scorer who gave him the score he liked, ignored as if he did not exist one of two scorers who gave a score he didn't like, and attacked the other of the two. I don't see this going well for him and his protest.

On top of all that, he implied he had knowledge that NLWC didn't disagree with the 2-2 call because of their not throwing the brick at that time. He opens the door for NLWC to respond with that comment. If I am Cody or Cael, I am submitting a 4 page rebuttal letter ( to koll's letter).

Edited by TBar1977

50 minutes ago, tbert said:

The  2 and 2 was not an option to score. 

Even if that is true, and I don't know that it is, then challenge it at the time under the rules.  Your argument is just as procedural as the one Cornell is making.

Just think of how this scenario played out and tell me how it's a just outcome.  Yianni wrestled the entire last minute thinking (along with everybody else) that he was defending a lead, and now they want to say "ACTUALLY, you were losing the whole time.  PSYCHE!"