When I watched the first angle I thought it was Yianni’s move. But from this angle it appears to me Zain pushes with his left foot and he regrabs the heel to initiate the move. Yianni’s left foot and knee don’t look to be in position to push off of. At least not for a normal human ( which Yianni may not be). But it does appear Yianni rolls Zain through to me also. So I don’t know the rules well enough. Looks like 2 & 2 to me. But I could see 2-0 Zain. 

https://twitter.com/sockobuw/status/1137537809072492544?s=21

1 hour ago, JeanGuy said:

What I find most interesting about this thread is that armchair referees disagrees with the actual match officials. 

Don't you think there is a chance that the referees might be interpreting the RULES correctly? 

You may be correct for normal fans, but these are Cornell elite folkstyle fans, fueled by Cornell elite nut hugger media (Flo) who christened Yanni as the next chosen one after Dake.    Except for Gocke who was rooting for Zain, but when he won he went all out turncoat.

48 minutes ago, Regulator said:

When I watched the first angle I thought it was Yianni’s move. But from this angle it appears to me Zain pushes with his left foot and he regrabs the heel to initiate the move. Yianni’s left foot and knee don’t look to be in position to push off of. At least not for a normal human ( which Yianni may not be). But it does appear Yianni rolls Zain through to me also. So I don’t know the rules well enough. Looks like 2 & 2 to me. But I could see 2-0 Zain. 

You get it.

16 minutes ago, tbert said:

You may be correct for normal fans, but these are Cornell elite folkstyle fans, fueled by Cornell elite nut hugger media (Flo) who christened Yanni as the next chosen one after Dake.    Except for Gocke who was rooting for Zain, but when he won he went all out turncoat.

Nobody turncoats like Gocke without fandom playing a part. Too much vitriol.

Edited by TBar1977

What I find most interesting about this thread is that armchair referees disagrees with the actual match officials. 
Don't you think there is a chance that the referees might be interpreting the RULES correctly? 
That's crazy talk.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, JeanGuy said:

What about the rule that says a challenge has to happen within 5 seconds? 

Forget all about  was it 2 or not ect.

Procedure 5 seconds rule

* Allows the ref to  know what your challenging

* Stops coaches to letting it play out and then after we see all results. To say I'll challenge it.

( Exactly what Zains team did)

Got to stick with procedure.and rules

Match 3

Edited by cangemi

10 hours ago, Regulator said:

Now after seeing this angle I can at least see how the judges could come up with 2 Zain 0 Yianni.  I don't agree with them (I would still call that 2 blue.  BUT this angle does bring this back into the much greyer area that exists in FS where determining who initiates a move is hard to do.  Viewing the sequence at this angle I  can see the rational for the call. - That does not address whether there should have been a review of action that happened 43 seconds prior to the brick throw (and at least 30 seconds after the scoring was posted)

8 hours ago, cangemi said:

Forget all about  was it 2 or not ect.

Procedure 5 seconds rule

* Allows the ref to  know what your challenging

* Stops coaches to letting it play out and then after we see all results. To say I'll challenge it.

( Exactly what Zains team did)

Got to stick with procedure.and rules

Match 3

Forget about the 5 seconds they're irrelevant.The reason they're irrelevant is ref and judge went 2 for the opposite guy so the chair has to pick 1 or the other or call a conference to discuss it.The chair can't hold up 2 and 2 and have them put it on the scoreboard.Regardless if the brick was thrown or not the last minute has to be scored again due to the error of the scoring.At no point in the last minute did the action stop for the ref to blow it dead therefore action continues.Freestyle works 3 man mechanics for a reason 1 guy can't just decide the points without a conference.Another reason the brick could be thrown whenever the corner wanted is that the scoreboard had the score wrong it said 8-6 and when the score is wrong on the board you can throw the brick so they can correct the score.

Edited by justafan

13 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

That is weak sauce. And I am still waiting for Gianni to initiate the final sequence. Oops, too late. Match over and Zain still won because he was the aggressor, he initiated, he took the risk.

wow, you went from i dont know, to maybe, to insults, to this is fact, 

to sarcasm

and overblown.

evolution of a coverup

1 hour ago, justafan said:

Forget about the 5 seconds they're irrelevant.The reason they're irrelevant is ref and judge went 2 for the opposite guy so the chair has to pick 1 or the other or call a conference to discuss it.The chair can't hold up 2 and 2 and have them put it on the scoreboard.Regardless if the brick was thrown or not the last minute has to be scored again due to the error of the scoring.At no point in the last minute did the action stop for the ref to blow it dead therefore action continues.Freestyle works 3 man mechanics for a reason 1 guy can't just decide the points without a conference.Another reason the brick could be thrown whenever the corner wanted is that the scoreboard had the score wrong it said 8-6 and when the score is wrong on the board you can throw the brick so they can correct the score.

This is the best explanation of the bad situation that developed in this match that I have seen.  There is no way that a challenge brick can be accepted that late, but I could see the judges correcting a mistake that they had made in the scoring (the mat chair not picking one or the other between ref and the judge).  I still think they made the wrong call (should have been 2 blue) but at least I understand how this could have happened.  As I said before I doubt that this will be overturned.  I am pulling for Zain to have a great Worlds.  I do think he has the ability to go with anyone out there and I think his 2 matches with Yianni prove that.  A medal at 65kg will be a big step to getting a team title for the USA.  Go Zain.

12 hours ago, JeanGuy said:

thats just it...

MIGHT be...

remember, none of the 3 agreed.... therein lies the problem

HOWEVER, most of the problem is the time of the brick throw. had it been throw during that 23 seconds of nothing... i doubt we have a problem. 

The problem is: the match score was changed AFTER match completion and thus no chance for actual wrestling redress.

11 hours ago, tbert said:

lol.

still not a fan of yanni. im a fan of doing things fairly.

read my first post in thread .

Edited by GockeS

12 hours ago, Regulator said:

interesting! thanks!

it does look more like it.

now if only the brick had been thrown at the right time.

this has been my argument from the start. if the challenge happens at the right time, yanni has a chance to wrestle and change the outcome. Bad time needs to be added into the rules.

its almost like waiting until the week after WTT to announce your aren't wrestling, and screwing over the competition.

yes, i know.. this thread and recent events have made me begin to hate PSU. which i haven't before now.

who am i kidding i can't root against these guys.

Edited by GockeS

1 hour ago, lu1979 said:

Now after seeing this angle I can at least see how the judges could come up with 2 Zain 0 Yianni.  I don't agree with them (I would still call that 2 blue.  BUT this angle does bring this back into the much greyer area that exists in FS where determining who initiates a move is hard to do.  Viewing the sequence at this angle I  can see the rational for the call. - That does not address whether there should have been a review of action that happened 43 seconds prior to the brick throw (and at least 30 seconds after the scoring was posted)

THIS

1 hour ago, justafan said:

this is exactly my point. the REFS, experts as we have learned, the 3 best in our country, did not follow protocol.

if none of them agreed, there should have been no points? am i correct in saying that?

7 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

This is the best explanation of the bad situation that developed in this match that I have seen.  There is no way that a challenge brick can be accepted that late, but I could see the judges correcting a mistake that they had made in the scoring (the mat chair not picking one or the other between ref and the judge).  I still think they made the wrong call (should have been 2 blue) but at least I understand how this could have happened.  As I said before I doubt that this will be overturned.  I am pulling for Zain to have a great Worlds.  I do think he has the ability to go with anyone out there and I think his 2 matches with Yianni prove that.  A medal at 65kg will be a big step to getting a team title for the USA.  Go Zain.

My first reaction was Yianni got screwed big time I was like wtf this is BS you can't go back that far.Now keep in mind I didn't care who won just like watching them scrap.After I cooled off and about 3 hours later I watched it again and was like wow you were so wrong that was 1 big scramble and at no time could you've stopped the match.So the whole last minute has to be rescored.Im not into how they scored the last minute that will never change.Im into did they follow procedure and the answer is yes.NFL playoffs this year the wrong team won and the league admitted it but didn't change the call because it was  a judgement call not a procedure error.

15 minutes ago, GockeS said:

wow, you went from i dont know, to maybe, to insults, to this is fact, 

to sarcasm

and overblown.

evolution of a coverup

Lol. Yeah, a fan on themat.com is involved in a cover up to screw Yianni D. out of his spot on the World Team. You post from Mom's basement, right? 

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

Lol. Yeah, a fan on themat.com is involved in a cover up to screw Yianni D. out of his spot on the World Team. You post from Mom's basement, right? 

you still mad bro?