nom

Challenge brick rules (??)

Can someone provide the rules on a challenge brick?

I'm hoping the rules are clear on:

1) When there is a call you disagree with how long can the match go on before you challenge it?

2) If the call is overturned, does the clock get reset to be at the time of the incorrect call and then wrestling continue at that point?

3) When a challenge brick is thrown, does the coach / wrestler need to specify what sequence point award or what sequence is being challenged?  

4) Do the refs have full ability to review as far back as they want and any sequence they want when a challenge brick is thrown?

Can someone provide the rules on a challenge brick?
I'm hoping the rules are clear on:
1) When there is a call you disagree with how long can the match go on before you challenge it?
2) If the call is overturned, does the clock get reset to be at the time of the incorrect call and then wrestling continue at that point?
3) When a challenge brick is thrown, does the coach / wrestler need to specify what sequence point award or what sequence is being challenged?  
4) Do the refs have full ability to review as far back as they want and any sequence they want when a challenge brick is thrown?
They make up the rules as they go along.

"Nothing to see here. Move along."

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/sites/default/files/2018-12/wrestling_rules.pdf

Page 25.  Key blurbs:

The coach must request the challenge by pushing a button provided to him immediately after the refereeing body has awarded or failed to award points to the contested situation.  ...If during a competition, the system with buttons (for the challenges) are not provided for the coaches, the organizer will have to provide a sponge that will be used to ask the challenge.

The mat chairman shall demand to stop the match to review the challenge as soon as the situation on the mat becomes neutral.

No challenge can be requested after the end of the regular time of a period, except when the points are added to the scoreboard after the referee’s whistle or in case action occurred just before the time is over. The coach has 5 seconds from the time the questioned score is posted on the official scoreboard to request a challenge.

The coach requesting the challenge must do so from his seat, without stepping on the mat or approaching the judge’s or the mat chairman’s table. Furthermore, the coach is not allowed to indicate his challenge request by throwing items on the mat. [[[I'm guessing the sponge is ok??]]]

It is not possible to request a “counter challenge” once a final decision has been made.

----------------

OK, so clearly, the 5 second rule was not followed, at all.  At least not what anyone saw.  

9 hours ago, nom said:

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/sites/default/files/2018-12/wrestling_rules.pdf

Page 25.  Key blurbs:

The coach must request the challenge by pushing a button provided to him immediately after the refereeing body has awarded or failed to award points to the contested situation.  ...If during a competition, the system with buttons (for the challenges) are not provided for the coaches, the organizer will have to provide a sponge that will be used to ask the challenge.

The mat chairman shall demand to stop the match to review the challenge as soon as the situation on the mat becomes neutral.

No challenge can be requested after the end of the regular time of a period, except when the points are added to the scoreboard after the referee’s whistle or in case action occurred just before the time is over. The coach has 5 seconds from the time the questioned score is posted on the official scoreboard to request a challenge.

The coach requesting the challenge must do so from his seat, without stepping on the mat or approaching the judge’s or the mat chairman’s table. Furthermore, the coach is not allowed to indicate his challenge request by throwing items on the mat. [[[I'm guessing the sponge is ok??]]]

It is not possible to request a “counter challenge” once a final decision has been made.

----------------

OK, so clearly, the 5 second rule was not followed, at all.  At least not what anyone saw.  

What Button????

12 hours ago, nom said:

----------------

i actually have seen one brick thrown, decision made, and immediately another brick... and a re examination.

6 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Based on these rules, the NLWC challenge was invalid and I'll  be watching the deciding match in Lincoln.

oO

that would be sweet.

if they put it in the first session they get a lot more fans for that time slot.

12 hours ago, nom said:

Page 25.  Key blurbs:

...If during a competition, the system with buttons (for the challenges) are not provided for the coaches, the organizer will have to provide a sponge 

15 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

This call was spongeworthy.

elaine says the organizer is welcome to , but she will not provide the sponge

12 hours ago, nom said:

Note, no reference to bringing match back to the time of the incorrect call.  

I'm guessing that's probably because the challenge brick is supposed to be thrown within 5 seconds, so not much time should have gone by before the call was reviewed.

4 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Based on these rules, the NLWC challenge was invalid and I'll  be watching the deciding match in Lincoln.

Rich Bender of USAW, in the Flo interview after the event, acknowledged that one credible and "fair" (his word) interpretation of the rules was that the challenge was invalid.