wrestlingnerd

Cox deserves a nickname (and a shoe)

Since Cox is on a campaign to garner more notoriety and following, let's support him with this thread. The man deserves it. He looked like the love child of Muhammad Ali and Lee Kemp out there at Final X. He's the best wrestler we have this year.

First, he deserves a shoe. Asics, Adidas, Rudis, step up.

He also badly needs a nickname. We have J All I See Is Gold B. Kyle Captain American Snyder. Kyle Kid Dynamite Dake. David Magic Man Taylor.

"Iron J'Den" Cox.

Other nicknames for the best American wrestler, please.

How about ...

’’Ghost Ranger” 

Ghost for when he ghosts his leg when opponents shoot.  Ranger for his precision strikes.

Or how about ... “Ninja” .... yea, that works. Incorporates both concepts.  

How about Aqua Man.

What is Dan Gable's nickname?

I think his name is badass enough, kinda like 'Dan Gable'..... but maybe trade the 'J' for 'Lions'. 

Other than that, with that last name, everything else will sound dirty. 

2nd edit: Even "Lions Den Cox" sounds like a nasty male strip club.  So no nickname ideas from me.. Go J'den!! 

Edited by airmail

J'Den Danger Cox (JDC).  For Rodney Dangerfield.

" No respect"...  

It's fitting since he has been the underdog for years.  He got so little respect for years.  He had to get 3 world medals, including a gold, and beat the the recent NCAA Hodge winner just to get his respect.  

How about "The Tactician"  He is just so good at match management and being in the moment.  While some wrestlers are great at acting out in-advance strategies, J'Den is simply brilliant at reading the landscape of the match in front of him as it happens.  He makes so many small, smart decisions that all add up in a very meaningful way.  I always defined tactics as being reactive and J'Den is simply a master at doing the right thing that second.   

J'den likes to freestyle from space before pouncing, kinda like a cobra, plus he is glistening from sweat and slithers out of takedowns

And he went to Missouri so he is a tiger but I think he looks more like a lion

So i'll call him The Cobra Lion 

If he doesn’t have a shoe deal he definitely needs that.  The dude’s a beast!

Also, I don’t think he needs a nickname. But if he had a nickname it should be “The Accountant” because he looks like an accountant. 

Edited by Katie

14 minutes ago, Katie said:

If he doesn’t have a shoe deal he definitely needs that.  The dude’s a beast!

Also, I don’t think he needs a nickname. But if he had a nickname it should be “The Accountant” because he looks like an accountant. 

I've already got the name of his next shoe for Rudis...."the Cobra's". Slithers like a cobra but strong as a lion

Rowlands can thank me later, but he needs to go sign Cox with the same effort they went after snyder.  He could win golds 2020 and 2024 olympics win the next 5 worlds and add immense value to the brand.

2 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

He looked like the love child of Muhammad Ali and Lee Kemp out there at Final X.

Perhaps you skipped school the day they taught reproductive education?  ;_;

Since someone points out Cox only likes to beat Hodge trophy winners a match with Varner would never happen:-( It is a pretty cool stat though....has anyone beat 3 hodge winners. I bet Mr Cox is the only one? The "Hodge Humbler"

Edited by PRyan2012