gowrestle

Thoughts From an NCAA Champ

2 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

In addition to memories I have a knee and shoulder that,while they may not work as well as I would like,are really 

great at predicting changes in the weather.

LOL...I hear that. I think most of my recurrent aches and pains are a result of having played football though. Hopefully I don't have an CTE related damage, I played football for 7 years.

5 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

LOL...I hear that. I think most of my recurrent aches and pains are a result of having played football though. Hopefully I don't have an CTE related damage, I played football for 7 years.

I've been asked a number of times "with what you're going through now,was it worth it ?

YES ! 

18 minutes ago, wrestlingrecruit said:

I've seen Jason Tsirtsis around at a few tournaments 

I'll tell my kids "do you know who that is? Dude is a legend" and they don't even know who :/

LOL...I'm as big a wrestling fan as it gets and if you said Tsirtsis was a "legend" in my presence I'd have said you were nuts :D

9 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Oh I'll bet you were a real head banger.

12 hours ago, Dr. Novak said:

Oh I'll bet you were a real head banger.

I've heard the guys on the line don't absorb as much punishment as the running backs. 

I was honorable mention All-State. I was particularly hard on tackling guys who I knew were wrestlers :D

Edited by TobusRex

8 minutes ago, Dr. Novak said:

LOL...did that come with a certificate?

It came with a small font mention in the Tulsa World under the "4A All State Selections". Couldn't sew it on my letter jacket :( . Not that there was room after all the All Conf, All Dist, All Regional football patches (plus the wrestling stuff).

Edited by TobusRex

4 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

It came with a small font mention in the Tulsa World under the "4A All State Selections". Couldn't sew it on my letter jacket :(

Then you weren't trying hard enough. Laminate it and use all the safety pins you have dangling off the front from your wrestling career to pin it to the back. Also, it's never too late.

On 6/10/2019 at 2:14 AM, gowrestle said:

Recently I was talking  to a former 2 time NCAA champion. He is a decent guy and has had a successful post wrestling career. He said his success was merely a split second of notoriety. At the Nationals he was lauded with attention and clearly felt like a celebrity. “Everyone wanted a piece of me.”

Now he says, except for family and friends, no one knows what he accomplished more than 15 years ago. “The celebrity status is gone!”  

He is okay with the impact that time has had on his life and definitely is not a guy yearning to live in the past. His message is that being a successful wrestler is not nearly as important as some think it is. 

(Our of respect I am not identifying this person.)

Is he a member of the US House of Representatives from Ohio's 4th District?