headshuck

Cox beating Tayler in 2016 wasn't enough...

Lol Social media campaigns > reality. 
I see Bo with blue hair everywhere during the college season and I hardly see anything about Cox, I've read he is the World Champion but when is the last time he beat Kolin Moore.... Bo must be the best. :)

OMG this Cox guy just beat him... WTF... Maybe he is the best!

30 minutes ago, justafan said:

My guess is over half the people saying Bo was gonna win on social media had never seen Jden wrestle freestyle.

Wrong.  I've seen it.  I picked Cox, but trolled otherwise and went on record saying the only way Nickal would win if he caught him.  He didn't.

That being said, Nickal can still catch him.  A year of focusing freestyle and adding size may do him well.  We'll see.  Let's see if he does some international stuff before then, though.  I want to see him against some of these massive Soviet fellars.

14 minutes ago, Perry said:

The most dangerous wrestler from the NCAAs wasn't able to score an offensive point even

Difficult to do that when you're up against a dawn dish soap slip'n'slide.  That and the last minute of the first match, Cox literally ran away from him.  As if he was training for a marathon, or something.

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Wrong.  I've seen it.  I picked Cox, but trolled otherwise and went on record saying the only way Nickal would win if he caught him.  He didn't.

That being said, Nickal can still catch him.  A year of focusing freestyle and adding size may do him well.  We'll see.  Let's see if he does some international stuff before then, though.  I want to see him against some of these massive Soviet fellars.

I didn't say you I said over half.And Bo is always dangerous but if he's only doing freestyle until 2020 I don't see him figuring out ways to score on the top international guys in just 1 year.

You guys are giving Bo way to much credit for his transition to freestyle. People were starting to figure him out towards the end of NCAAs as mostly a counter wrestler.  It took Jayden a whole 30 seconds to realize this and not bite.  Bo had no attacks and Jayden never felt threatened by his weak fakes. No way Bo’s current style translates to international success.  Bo will need to reinvent his style and develop an offense - if anyone can do it, it is him, but I’m not sure that time is on his side. 

22 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Difficult to do that when you're up against a dawn dish soap slip'n'slide.  That and the last minute of the first match, Cox literally ran away from him.  As if he was training for a marathon, or something.

C'mon, that is silly. This was not a slip and slide match ala Taylor. Cox is a great wrestler, more experienced at Sr. Freestyle, and he's bigger. He won fair and square. Save your complaints for matches where it is actually warranted. This wasn't one of them. 

3 minutes ago, Scorenomore said:

You guys are giving Bo way to much credit for his transition to freestyle. People were starting to figure him out towards the end of NCAAs as mostly a counter wrestler.  It took Jayden a whole 30 seconds to realize this and not bite.  Bo had no attacks and Jayden never felt threatened by his weak fakes. No way Bo’s current style translates to international success.  Bo will need to reinvent his style and develop an offense - if anyone can do it, it is him, but I’m not sure that time is on his side. 

J'Den won because of the three things noted above, not because Bo is "easily figured out". To claim that is an unwarranted dig at Nickal. Not necessary, and also diominishes Cox's win at the same time. 

I didn't say you I said over half.And Bo is always dangerous but if he's only doing freestyle until 2020 I don't see him figuring out ways to score on the top international guys in just 1 year.
Yep the trolls aside there was a large contingency of folkstyle fans this year dipping their toes into the freestyle water.

We saw campaigns of:

"Nolf's Uniqueness Will Give JB Issues"

"Mark Hall Has a Good Chance Against Dake"

And after those 2 collapsed it's like they all converged on:

"Bo is Jesus Christ Reincarnated"

Its almost over and the last final X doesnt have the huge college stars so the discussion will 100% be more reasonable.

Fix/Gilman a toss

Colon/Graff I think most expect Graff to follow his career curve of always right there but never the guy.

Deakin/Green could be close, most expect Green, Deakin doesnt have that PSU fandom anyways.

RINGER/DAKE toss (when it happens)

Snyder...

How many Hodge Trophy winners has Cox beaten?  3?  

• Dake
  • Taylor
  • Nickal

And he's a 3x world medalist including champ.  Oh, and a 3x NCAA champ.  Cox is absolutely incredible and I'm so happy he's on our team.  

2 minutes ago, Glane18 said:

• Dake
  • Taylor
  • Nickal

And he's a 3x world medalist including champ.  Oh, and a 3x NCAA champ.  Cox is absolutely incredible and I'm so happy he's on our team.  

add one more (Jake Herbert)

Cox's biggest foreseeable threat is the referee.  

Wrestling off two knees with an extended arm and open hand is mucho risky business... especially at the world championships.  I think anybody employing this strategy runs a major risk of allowing the ref to decide the match on a Caution + 2 fleeing the action call.

The longer the match score stays tied, the more the ref's tend to award points to the aggressor. 

Cox's defense is downright magical, but he is going to need more than a 1 point lead if he wants to use it long term.

Just now, mostTD said:

Cox's biggest foreseeable threat is the referee.  

Wrestling off two knees with an extended arm and open hand is mucho risky business... especially at the world championships.  I think anybody employing this strategy runs a major risk of allowing the ref to decide the match on a Caution + 2 fleeing the action call.

The longer the match score stays tied, the more the ref's tend to award points to the aggressor. 

Cox's defense is downright magical, but he is going to need more than a 1 point lead if he wants to use it long term. 

Hey J'den why not score a bunch of points and have some fun?

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

C'mon, that is silly. This was not a slip and slide match ala Taylor. Cox is a great wrestler, more experienced at Sr. Freestyle, and he's bigger. He won fair and square. Save your complaints for matches where it is actually warranted. This wasn't one of them. 

J'Den won because of the three things noted above, not because Bo is "easily figured out". To claim that is an unwarranted dig at Nickal. Not necessary, and also diominishes Cox's win at the same time. 

Wow.  I wouldn’t have expected this post.  Good for you.

5 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I mean, I did only watch the matches once each so far, but pretty sure I actually said, out loud, "Wow... here comes the slip in slide..." because you could literally see the sweat pouring out of Cox towards the end there of both matches. Interestingly enough the refs did wipe off Nelson in one match, when she was barely glistening, however 5 minutes in they refuse to wipe off the marathon man.

Did it matter?  NOPE.  Did it happen? YEP.

They're not excuses.  They're actually things that happened.  Cox did run.  Like he was training for the 4x100 meter dash for the Oly games next year.  

Was it only the last 30 seconds of each match? YEP.  Did it happen? YEP. 

Watch the final 30 seconds of the first match and convince me otherwise.  He|| watch both matches and show me where Cox showed signs of any offense.  He is going to get nailed for that overseas this year.

Do I think a 87kg ever beats Cox and/or Snyder?  No. Not unless he sticks them.  Do I think you're underplaying certain aspects of the match as if they were nothing?  Yes.  Ignore whatever details you wish.  Or don't, and understand them, because I know you're not a stupid person.

I know and understand that Cox is our best bet at 92, and is likely our best bet at 97 as well, but I also don't just want results when I see these matches, I want to see our wrestlers put on full, well rounded performances.

4 hours ago, Glane18 said:

• Dake
  • Taylor
  • Nickal

Herbert too.

Edited by nhs67
gromit beat me to it...

6 hours ago, nhs67 said:

i was told excuses weren't good here anymore.

6 hours ago, Scorenomore said:

You guys are giving Bo way to much credit for his transition to freestyle. People were starting to figure him out towards the end of NCAAs as mostly a counter wrestler.  

seems to be a pattern... 

6 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

C'mon, that is silly. This was not a slip and slide match ala Taylor. Cox is a great wrestler, more experienced at Sr. Freestyle, and he's bigger. He won fair and square. Save your complaints for matches where it is actually warranted. 

you mean like the handling of yanni-zain?