NJDan

The Yianni Challenge

I agree with NJDan on the UWW rule; even with the interpretive guideline, 45 seconds and after the final whistle is not a reasonable extension of the 5 second challenge rule. 

As for the call, I don't really know about Zain's 2 but I know damn well about Yianni's. Zain doesn't push off of Yianni - his left hand loses it's grip, and his left foot is flailing, not planting - Yianni is the one torquing Zain over. Someone made a joke about people who think you can tell something from their eyes but, man... you can tell by Zain's eyes that he knows he's getting tossed. That call is almost certainly not reviewable again, though - it just annoys me. 

1 minute ago, ugarte said:

I agree with NJDan on the UWW rule; even with the interpretive guideline, 45 seconds and after the final whistle is not a reasonable extension of the 5 second challenge rule. 

As for the call, I don't really know about Zain's 2 but I know damn well about Yianni's. Zain doesn't push off of Yianni - his left hand loses it's grip, and his left foot is flailing, not planting - Yianni is the one torquing Zain over. Someone made a joke about people who think you can tell something from their eyes but, man... you can tell by Zain's eyes that he knows he's getting tossed. That call is almost certainly not reviewable again, though - it just annoys me. 

Complete with facial expressions! 

Calvin: You know, I dont think freestyle is a sport. It's a religion!

Hobbes: Religion?

Calvin: Yeah, all these scrambles are like miracles. You take two scores and add them together and they magically become one new number at the end of the world. No one can say how it happens. You either believe it or you dont!

This rule book is full of things that have to be accepted on faith.

Hobbes: and in a public forum no less. call a lawyer.

Calvin: as a wrestling protestant I should be excused from this.

Edited by GockeS