Sign in to follow this  
nhs67

Kyven Gadson

Heavy is tough, I'm him I stay course

Three chances here

1 he improves

2: injuries

3 Snyder goes MMA

I think Heavyweight deeper., He is solid number 2 stay course keep working.

Edited by cangemi

It is hard being a chronic #2 guy for years. Joe Hesket comes to mind. Erikson as well. But they both after like 8 years made a team. Dake and Taylor were in that boat but broke through to remove themselves as a bridesmaid. A lot of hard work for sometimes no recognition. Most guys move on after a couple of tries.   

I agree he is the clear #2. This year.

What happens next year when a vastly improved Zillmer comes back up and Cox and Nickal and possibly Cassar?

I know Heavyweight is no easier, and next year very well may be more difficult to crack the team, believe it or not, but I mean more as a change of scenery. New matches and no cutting. He is arguably just as strong and uses his power quite a bit better than Varner can and does and did. Varner was competitive last year as an aging man.

Stay at 97kg.  Be the perennial #2, and in case Snyder gets hurt, you get your chance.  At HWT, he'll get outhorsed (in my humble opinion).  

Being #2 to Captain America isn't a bad gig.  Pays some bills.  Get some fame.  Have some fun matches shooting the World Champ off the stage (and then getting thunked again).  

Point is... it's "cozy". 

16 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Stay at 97kg.  Be the perennial #2, and in case Snyder gets hurt, you get your chance.  At HWT, he'll get outhorsed (in my humble opinion).  

Being #2 to Captain America isn't a bad gig.  Pays some bills.  Get some fame.  Have some fun matches shooting the World Champ off the stage (and then getting thunked again).  

Point is... it's "cozy". 

He won't be #2 next year 

If memory serves, Cormier went up to Hwt one tourney, maybe the Dave Schultz, and beat our top heavies at the time.  

I think it may be a different dynamic at HWT at this point in time for Kyven, and I believe he's in a better spot to catch Snyder than he is to win the HWT spot.  He can beat Kyle.  I'm rooting for Snyder as I love the Sadulaev rivalry, but I'm not counting Kyven out as most seem to be...

Edited by airmail

1 hour ago, airmail said:

If memory serves, Cormier went up to Hwt one tourney, maybe the Dave Schultz, and beat our top heavies at the time.  

I think it may be a different dynamic at HWT at this point in time for Kyven, and I believe he's in a better spot to catch Snyder than he is to win the HWT spot.  He can beat Kyle.  I'm rooting for Snyder as I love the Sadulaev rivalry, but I'm not counting Kyven out as most seem to be...

History has proven that the gap between Snyder and Gadsen is mutiple times that of between Cox and Nickal, and everyone believes that Cox owned Nickal.  No one is ever counted out.  But... There's also a time for reality. 

7 hours ago, treep2000 said:

History has proven that the gap between Snyder and Gadsen is mutiple times that of between Cox and Nickal, and everyone believes that Cox owned Nickal.  No one is ever counted out.  But... There's also a time for reality. 

History has proven that Snyder can be stuck in big matches. 2 of his maybe 5 biggest matches of his life to date. 40% is a high rate.

Gadson was one of those 2

11 hours ago, airmail said:

Yeah Cormier went up and beat Mocco by 1-2pts at a tournament once. Which makes sense as Cormier was pretty quick and Mocco isn’t a fast, he’s fast for a heavyweight at that time. The top US heavyweights aren’t slow guys today. Gadsen wouldn’t be top 3-4 at heavy in the US.