Jimmy Cinnabon

Cox in MMA would be unstoppable

Assuming he has any striking ability I think J'Den has the ability to be a MMA champ.  Obviously has amazing athleticism and wrestling prowess, great cardio.  But I think the X-factor is how much he sweats.

Before you dismiss this as a joke, I am being serious.  Boxers and MMA fighters rub vaseline on their faces pre-fight to prevent cuts.  J'Den's copious amounts of sweat effectively lubricate his face and entire body.  This means that punches would never land solid on him -- they would slip and slide off.  Glancing blows lose a lot of power.  It would also make submitting him via arm and leg submissions very difficult.  Maybe he could get submitted by a neck choke like a rear naked or anaconda but it would be hard to stay on a guy who is that slippery.

After J'Den is done with his Olympic aspirations I hope he goes MMA.

14 minutes ago, boconnell said:

"Assuming he has any striking ability."

Awesome how stupid this take is.  Might as well say Usain Bolt would be a great QB assuming he has any ability to throw a football.  

Yeah, except that wrestlers (both average and elite) have a long history of doing quite well in MMA and that punching is a lot closer to the movements done in wrestling than throwing a football is to a movement done in sprinting.

It's not like I'm postulating that a sumo wrestler might make a great violinist here....

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

5 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I hope he coaches.  I think he would be great for young men. Guiding them and mentoring them. He always seems to speak about how people need to be better.  He seems to have a great mind for improving people as humans and developing character.  

I work in administration for school accountability and improvement. I look at trends and work on intervention strategies with schools,. In particular improving graduation.  I can tell you that schools are full of kids with some serious F-ed up lives.  Whether in highschool or struggling kids who somehow find their way to college, we need guys like J'Den around these kids.  The insight and genuiness in his thoughts make him a person who can have a huge impact on kids lives.  Probably even save a few.  

4 hours ago, boconnell said:

First time I ever got taken in and replied.  Then I almost replied a 2nd time.  Super dumb of me and I'll try to be better.

Your original post was trolling 1/10 or one helluva weird point of contention 

44 minutes ago, scramble said:

I hope he coaches.  I think he would be great for young men. Guiding them and mentoring them. He always seems to speak about how people need to be better.  He seems to have a great mind for improving people as humans and developing character.  

I work in administration for school accountability and improvement. I look at trends and work on intervention strategies with schools,. In particular improving graduation.  I can tell you that schools are full of kids with some serious F-ed up lives.  Whether in highschool or struggling kids who somehow find their way to college, we need guys like J'Den around these kids.  The insight and genuiness in his thoughts make him a person who can have a huge impact on kids lives.  Probably even save a few.  

It would be amazing to have him stay involved in wrestling.  He is something special..  My curiosity would like to see how he could do in the mma world, but that's a pretty handsome mug to be getting kicked in the face.  He has so many talents.  Have you heard him sing?  I mean this man is not limited in any way I can see.  I wouldn't think his nature is to brutalize other men, but I see him in some media position making great money anytime he ever decides that's what he wants.  I think the world is starting to get it about him, but what a treat!

6 hours ago, Cradle1 said:

Jesus. This reminds me of when Adam Coon beat Kyle Snyder..... For a few weeks there he was going to make the Olympic wrestling team while playing in the NFL, possibly moonlighting in the NBA, and being the first man on mars.....

Nah, it's not like that. I doubt he has any interest in going to Mars.  I have never met him personally, but from observations on several diffet occasions, he appears as a genuinely great dude.  I've seen him interact for years with kids, pre-international career.  Whether it be rolling around with kids at camps, taking pictures, or just talking to basically every kid that came up to him.    

14 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Yeah, except that wrestlers (both average and elite) have a long history of doing quite well in MMA and that punching is a lot closer to the movements done in wrestling than throwing a football is to a movement done in sprinting.

It's not like I'm postulating that a sumo wrestler might make a great violinist here....

My first big laugh of the day.

1 hour ago, Crotalus said:

At least he'd fit in the shuttle.

There is no way in God's Green Earth that Adam Coon could fit in a shuttle.  A shuttle bus maybe, but a "shuttle" shuttle?  Good grief!

There is no way in God's Green Earth that Adam Coon could fit in a shuttle.  A shuttle bus maybe, but a "shuttle" shuttle?  Good grief!
I was referring to Cox. Scramble said he didn't want to go to Mars. And I said "at least he'd fit in the shuttle". Because Coon won't. You missed it. It's fine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On 6/10/2019 at 4:16 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Assuming he has any striking ability I think J'Den has the ability to be a MMA champ.  Obviously has amazing athleticism and wrestling prowess, great cardio.  But I think the X-factor is how much he sweats.

Before you dismiss this as a joke, I am being serious.  Boxers and MMA fighters rub vaseline on their faces pre-fight to prevent cuts.  J'Den's copious amounts of sweat effectively lubricate his face and entire body.  This means that punches would never land solid on him -- they would slip and slide off.  Glancing blows lose a lot of power.  It would also make submitting him via arm and leg submissions very difficult.  Maybe he could get submitted by a neck choke like a rear naked or anaconda but it would be hard to stay on a guy who is that slippery.

You have never been in the ring, have you?

Sweat pours off a lot of fighters and it doesn't prevent a good punch from landing.

On 6/11/2019 at 3:40 PM, MagnetBack said:

I hope Cox competes in MMA after 2020. Would be great to see him. 

I hope not.  I hate to see young men that we have admired for the skills on the mat and the way they have led their lives risk getting their brains scrambled.