2 minutes ago, backpack said:

Imar is looking good. Really good reattack but Imar couldn't break JB down in the quad pod. Settles for the pushout 3-1.

Feel like not finishing may cost him as IMar power may fade a little at the end using this much energy early. 

Edited by MadMardigain

Miracle going to Worlds 4-0.  Velte was a Bronze medal winner last year  after topping Kayla in final x in 3 matches.  So Kayla is definitely in medal contention with her improved takedown IQ.  

Hawkeye wrestling club seems to be a benefit to the women’s program as they add several members to the world team.  

Edited by MadMardigain

On 6/12/2019 at 7:45 AM, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

I'm not sleeping on Gomez, but that was 8 years ago and 30 pounds ago.  Sure he gives guys that rely on their quickness some trouble, but I think he probably gets bullied by Martinez.  

Has it really been eight years ago since Gomez won that? Unreal how time flies

16 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

Burroughs has a competitive drive that few athletes in history have possessed. We are lucky to be able to watch it.

I detected I Mar's energy level was down 10 percent at the end, and JB was able to capitalize on a shot that I mar blocked off in period 1. 

4 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I detected I Mar's energy level was down 10 percent at the end, and JB was able to capitalize on a shot that I mar blocked off in period 1. 

I wonder if IMAR got a little too psyched-up for the match.   Adrenline is great but exhausting.

Next match will really show where these guys are at.

Edited by Full Nelson

Gilman will need to go back to his Iranian style to beat Fix. It's just a match up problem. Gilman showed the better leg attacks (at least in that match), but finishing against Fix is a liability. Daton is so dang tough with that kick out and then if Gilman stops that his tripod defense is amazing as well. Gilman has never been a great finisher either. He's great at sucking in extended singles, but if you look back to his silver run, most of those were finished with pushouts, not takedowns. Fix's scrambling ability makes that long extended finish a problem. If Gilman can get back to his underhook and slow the match down to a few pushouts I think he can win, but that looks to be a tall task. Fix looks like he has things figured out.