spladle08

Final X - Lincoln

Anyone looking forward to any matches?
Predicting any upsets?
Or does it lack?

Love me some Fix so thats my biggest/ most interesting match.

But are there Imar believers, Deakin, Colon.?

Just scrolled down the entire board and realized Final X Rutgers has been on a 3 week domination tour.

Let's move forward.

I'm probably most excited about Fix/Gilman. Followed up by JB/Imar.  I can see Fix/Gilman going either way.  Imar looks greatly improved but he's also not wrestled the level of competition JB has this year so it's harder to gauge how much improved.  Either way, not picking against JB. 

Of the rest of the main card, I think Green and Deakin will be a battle and Graff has a legit shot and taking the spot.  I see the rest of the 2018 medalists securing their spots. 

I'm probably most excited about Fix/Gilman. Followed up by JB/Imar.  I can see Fix/Gilman going either way.  Imar looks greatly improved but he's also not wrestled the level of competition JB has this year so it's harder to gauge how much improved.  Either way, not picking against JB. 
Of the rest of the main card, I think Green and Deakin will be a battle and Graff has a legit shot and taking the spot.  I see the rest of the 2018 medalists securing their spots. 
Has the Ringer/Dake date been announced?

4 minutes ago, spladle08 said:
10 minutes ago, misterc said:

Not yet

1 minute ago, spladle08 said:
7 minutes ago, misterc said:

Not that I'm aware of.  The only lead I've seen was the Dake interview, in which he says there's some back and forth between the two camps and they have up until 2 week prior to Worlds.  

14 minutes ago, misterc said:
Not that I'm aware of.  The only lead I've seen was the Dake interview, in which he says there's some back and forth between the two camps and they have up until 2 week prior to Worlds.  

Lol so I'm reading that as: itll be 15 days before Worlds.... damnit I hate these rules .

Edited by spladle08

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Gilman - Fix should be terrific. Rooting for Fix because I think he has better chance at Worlds. 

Colon over Graff, JB over I Mar, Snyderman over Gadson, Green over Deakin. 

I'm not so sure on Fix.  I think he is still pretty young in the tooth.  I think Gilman figures him out and wins.  I think Gilman can medal, I don't think Fix can.  But what do I know.  I thought Retherford would get destroyed, but he was the destroyer.  Could be the same here. 

mspart

5 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

I think Burroughs / Martinez will be close.  JB's ability to dig deep and pick up late scores will be the difference.  

Martinez has not competed with any world class Athletes or beat them.  JB starts slow

I don’t see Imar scoring a takedown, push out hands to face or passive I can see

1st match 

4-1

2nd match 

8-1

Edited by CaliWrestler

17 hours ago, CaliWrestler said:

Martinez has not competed with any world class Athletes or beat them.  JB starts slow

I don’t see Imar scoring a takedown, push out hands to face or passive I can see

1st match 

4-1

2nd match 

8-1

That's a little harsh on Martinez.  He's certainly competed against world class athletes in the past 12 months, and he had some decent wins at the World Cup.  IMO he's much improved over last year, although I'm still a little worried about his gas tank late.  

That's a little harsh on Martinez.  He's certainly competed against world class athletes in the past 12 months, and he had some decent wins at the World Cup.  IMO he's much improved over last year, although I'm still a little worried about his gas tank late.  

Yeah I think Martinez is a top 20 guy in the world. While I think Burroughs is top 3.

I could see a 1 takedown match in one of the bouts but I give the nod to JB as I assume everyone does

5 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Yeah I think Martinez is a top 20 guy in the world. While I think Burroughs is top 3.

I could see a 1 takedown match in one of the bouts but I give the not to JB as I assume everyone does

Agreed--I just don't think it should be written off as a foregone conclusion.  JB nearly dropped one to Franklin Gomez just a couple months ago, and Martinez is at least at that level.  

3 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Agreed--I just don't think it should be written off as a foregone conclusion.  JB nearly dropped one to Franklin Gomez just a couple months ago, and Martinez is at least at that level.  

Your right about him almost dropping a match but Gomez has gotten silver in the worlds before and Imar even know I love his attitude and being from California is not going to bully JB like he did with Nolf and Garrett (was 1 takedown match). I just see JB making a statement 

Lol dont sleep on Franklin Gomez, hes a salty vet with a world silver to his credit. He's had a few bad losses but he's given Chamizo a good match at this weight as well as JB.... he's top 10.

I but yeah. While I think 2-0 is a foregone conclusion. A 5-4 or something in one of them wouldnt surprise me.

Just now, spladle08 said:

Lol dont sleep on Franklin Gomez, hes a salty vet with a world silver to his credit. He's had a few bad losses but he's given Chamizo a good match at this weight as well as JB.... he's top 10.

I but yeah. While I think 2-0 is a foregone conclusion. A 5-4 or something in one of them wouldnt surprise me.

I'm not sleeping on Gomez, but that was 8 years ago and 30 pounds ago.  Sure he gives guys that rely on their quickness some trouble, but I think he probably gets bullied by Martinez.  

Fix in 3 - All 3 matches will be close.  This is the only one of the 5 where I wouldn't be surprised at all if it went the other way.

Graff in 2 - As detailed in my other thread, I think this is a favorable matchup for Graff.  

Green in 2 - Deakin was underrated going into the Open, but Green will make adjustments and get the W.

Burroughs in 3 - Not sure why, but have a strange hunch IMar will sneak out a match somehow.  But don't see Burroughs losing this in Lincoln.

Snyder in 2 - Different year, same result.

3 hours ago, rpm002 said:

Fix in 3 - All 3 matches will be close.  This is the only one of the 5 where I wouldn't be surprised at all if it went the other way.

Graff in 2 - As detailed in my other thread, I think this is a favorable matchup for Graff.  

Green in 2 - Deakin was underrated going into the Open, but Green will make adjustments and get the W.

Burroughs in 3 - Not sure why, but have a strange hunch IMar will sneak out a match somehow.  But don't see Burroughs losing this in Lincoln.

Every year the man get doubted, I like different opinions and that’s why we all talk.  Let’s see what happens looking forward to watching this event

On 6/12/2019 at 2:14 PM, rpm002 said:

I can accept the first one but I think Gilman will win, but it could be in 3.

I have not been impressed with Colon ever.  I agree Graff.

Green should be able to figure this out.  Green perhaps in 3. 

Burroughs will overwhelm Martinez.  He will win it in 2.  Overwhelm does not mean tech.  The score may be a lot closer than reality, JB will dominate.

Snyder in 2.  What more needs to be said.  I see him making adjustments and winning Worlds this year over Sad. 

mspart