24 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Burroughs made weight with 3 minutes left to spare. Apparently he had a very hard time making it. Couldn’t get it off and luckily a singlet change made the difference. 

Also Imar has closed the gap and has tough physical style that’s hard to deal with. Credit to him for wrestling so well. 

He lost weight by changing his singlet?

1 hour ago, AnklePicker said:

Burroughs made weight with 3 minutes left to spare. Apparently he had a very hard time making it. Couldn’t get it off and luckily a singlet change made the difference. 

Also Imar has closed the gap and has tough physical style that’s hard to deal with. Credit to him for wrestling so well. 

That doesn't line up with what he said after the matches.  He said the cut wasn't bad and he was 2 lbs under after his morning workout.  Tried to rehydrate up to 74kg using other scales in the building and then that scale was going back and forth .1kg over. I think Snyder was also over and had to come back and reweigh.  

10 hours ago, RJChicago said:

This JB isn't winning worlds. Not sure if there's a health issue or something. 

A bit of an overreaction here.  His opponents do make adjustments and improvements.  Saw the same thing against Taylor and Dake.  If there are issues, we'll see them at the Yasar Dogu and Pan Am games.

A bit of an overreaction here.  His opponents do make adjustments and improvements.  Saw the same thing against Taylor and Dake.  If there are issues, we'll see them at the Yasar Dogu and Pan Am games.
Yeah Chamizo already said he will be going so itll be a good measuring stick. I still see one of them winning the weight. Even after last years Russian hiccup

11 hours ago, RJChicago said:

That is not a takedown in freestyle. I mean I want Fix to win, but that is not a takedown.

this was what i was wondering... there was a similar postion...not exactly the same, but gilman had the leg hooked with his own and fix had his other leg

no takedown.

what was different about this situation?

2 hours ago, AnklePicker said:

the check scale was off.

he worked out good, he was still  over,  so went and worked for another 20-30 and

he was .3 under on the check scales, and went up to the real scale and was still .1 over.

got bare A**ed and put on someone's super light and made it.

11 hours ago, VakAttack said:

That was a brutal call against Gilman, but geez, why is he shooting? Fix was completely unable to generate his own offense all series.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

im with you.

however, ALL of his shots... he didn't finish... waited for fix to scramble instead of elevating.

or, he got so far in was over extended.

I sat with some HWC girls and said kayla was doing the same thing... might be an HWC problem

someone said this best of 3 isn't a great thing.

i agree.

it kind of goes back to that 100% thing. Im wrestling different knowing it doesn't really matter?

james green attacks and dominates first match... btw, that's the ONLY time i have ever seen him do that, then comes out 2nd match and it's back to the old JG, lets barely win and leave ourselves open to losing on a last second shot

JB was a different man in the 3rd match. yes it could have been the cut, but it also could have been he didn't blow his daughter a kiss before the 2nd match. boy was she pissed.

you aren't getting a second chance at worlds/olympics... why are we giving them here... we need guys who are ready to be predators and take what's theirs.

lets just go back to the WTT/OTT is the qualifier. one match. no best of 3.

if you are a world medal winner, you are qualified for WTT. you dont have to go at the open

I know this isn't best for money or for exposure, but it might be best for preparing our guys for International.

it's kind of like the ncaa tourney agrument on the college board.

who is watching final x that isn't already invested in the sport.

so yes, those people are getting more of what they want...

and maybe we should cater to them... but is it best for the wrestlers

Edited by GockeS

someone said this best of 3 isn't a great thing.
i agree.
it kind of goes back to that 100% thing. Im wrestling different knowing it doesn't really matter?
james green attacks and dominates first match... btw, that's the ONLY time i have ever seen him do that, then comes out 2nd match and it's back to the old JG, lets barely win and leave ourselves open to losing on a last second shot
JB was a different man in the 3rd match. yes it could have been the cut, but it also could have been he didn't blow his daughter a kiss before the 2nd match. boy was she pissed.
you aren't getting a second chance at worlds/olympics... why are we giving them here... we need guys who are ready to be predators and take what's theirs.
lets just go back to the WTT/OTT is the qualifier. one match. no best of 3.
if you are a world medal winner, you are qualified for WTT. you dont have to go at the open
I know this isn't best for money or for exposure, but it might be best for preparing our guys for International.
it's kind of like the ncaa tourney agrument on the college board.
who is watching final x that isn't already invested in the sport.
so yes, those people are getting more of what they want...
and maybe we should cater to them... but is it best for the wrestlers

I like the best of three for the finals only. Having a multiple best of three format before the finals is assinine.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, qc8223 said:

That's a bad call. It's a classic case of folkstyle rules leaking into our American freestyle officiating. Exactly ZERO international officials give 2 to fix there, but that's a no doubt takedown in folkstyle so our officials give it. Won't get that overseas. In fact check out the end of Gilman's 2017 match against Iran. Same position except even closer to a freestyle takedown than Fix.

A clear case of old, drunk refs that have to be woke up and  their best days behind them.

9 minutes ago, scribe said:

Definitely best of three. Especially in the era of leglace techs. 

true...i hadn't really thought of that

but you have to be ready... can't take that first TD lightly laying back waiting...

1 hour ago, wrestlingnerd said:

You can’t anymore. The UWW rules require you weigh in wearing a singlet. 

11 minutes ago, GockeS said:

true...i hadn't really thought of that

but you have to be ready... can't take that first TD lightly laying back waiting...

Did not know , thanks

I actually thought JB looked good.  He had a lot of good attacks and scored well. I just think I-Mar has made huge leaps.  I-Mar looked really good.  He also seemed in very good shape.  He pushed a pace that you don't see much of internationally.  Both guys also  put up quite a few points and you get tired after going hard like that. 

I-Mars hips must make up 80% of his body weight. It's got to be like moving a bus.  This requiring a lot of energy trying to finish on him. Yes, JB got tired, but I don't know it was so much of poor conditoning.  I-Mar just kept coming forward pressuring the entire match.  I don't even think Dake came at JB that hard. Dake  has bursts, as most others internationally.  They don't typically keep coming forward nonstop.  I think JB beat a very good wrestler last night and won the way you have to win against elite guys.  Jmo

15 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Green 10-0 in 18 seconds. Single leg to 4 laces. Ha ha. 

This is what is WRONG with freestyle. Just roll a guy over and over and over and the match is won.

How about actual pinning combination and control? If he PINS the opponent in 18 seconds he wins, this rollover crap is asinine.

So if you get caught in a headlock and lose in 18seconds it's more acceptable?

You remember that last time
Saduleav, Snyder, JB, Chamizo, Yazdani, Aliyev, Akgul, Rashidov, Romanov, etc etc etc.... got teched inside a min because of these sh*tty rules.....

No you dont?

Maybe becuase GOOD GUYS DONT GET "CAUGHT" IN LACES

(Spare me finding the few examples you can, while I counter with 1000000 examples of people getting caught in fluke pinning combinations)

James G is not a "turner", if he can tech you easily so will the people at Worlds.... lets go ahead and get you off the mat and move on to the next match

7 minutes ago, scramble said:

I actually thought JB looked good.  He had a lot of good attacks and scored well. I just think I-Mar has made huge leaps.  I-Mar looked really good.  He also seemed in very good shape.  He pushed a pace that you don't see much of internationally.  Both guys also  put up quite a few points and you get tired after going hard like that. 

I-Mars hips must make up 80% of his body weight. It's got to be like moving a bus.  This requiring a lot of energy trying to finish on him. Yes, JB got tired, but I don't know it was so much of poor conditoning.  I-Mar just kept coming forward pressuring the entire match.  I don't even think Dake came at JB that hard. Dake  has bursts, as most others internationally.  They don't typically keep coming forward nonstop.  I think JB beat a very good wrestler last night and won the way you have to win against elite guys.  Jmo

i agree imars hips are incredible. and he controlled position.

i was yelling constantly for JB to get to the center, not let imar dictate where he stood. imar kept cutting him off when he tried to circle in.  imar was prepared for JB's tactic of luring you in...then dbl.

9 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

This is what is WRONG with freestyle. Just roll a guy over and over and over and the match is won.

How about actual pinning combination and control? If he PINS the opponent in 18 seconds he wins, this rollover crap is asinine.

there is whole thread on the college board about changing folk to free... 

control is folk.

not sure where you stand on the issue.

5 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

So if you get caught in a headlock and lose in 18seconds it's more acceptable?

You remember that last time
Saduleav, Snyder, JB, Chamizo, Yazdani, Aliyev, Akgul, Rashidov, Romanov, etc etc etc.... got teched inside a min because of these sh*tty rules.....

No you dont?

Maybe becuase GOOD GUYS DONT GET "CAUGHT" IN LACES

(Spare me finding the few examples you can, while I counter with 1000000 examples of people getting caught in fluke pinning combinations)

James G is not a "turner", if he can tech you easily so will the people at Worlds.... lets go ahead and get you off the mat and move on to the next match

You pin, you win. The 'girly man' rollovers are not really control.

Freestyle is not as good as folkstyle in this regard.

You pin, you win. The 'girly man' rollovers are not really control.
Freestyle is not as good as folkstyle in this regard.
Lol yes the folkstyle rules are superior the WORLD just lags behind our progressive minds.

Anyways. We've followed these killers through their college careers into the senior mens level (girly man) wrestling. Learn the rules, accept them, cheer.

GO USA