19 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

This is what is WRONG with freestyle. Just roll a guy over and over and over and the match is won.

How about actual pinning combination and control? If he PINS the opponent in 18 seconds he wins, this rollover crap is asinine.

It's called back exposure....aka vulnerability.  More to wrestling than takedowns, putting in legs and power 1/2 for 6 minutes

9 hours ago, AnklePicker said:

Burroughs made weight with 3 minutes left to spare. Apparently he had a very hard time making it. Couldn’t get it off and luckily a singlet change made the difference. 

Also Imar has closed the gap and has tough physical style that’s hard to deal with. Credit to him for wrestling so well. 

Anklepicker, you are wrong about the 'hard time making weight'....That was not the case in regard to almost missing weight,....watch at about the 1:50 mark where he days he was 2 pounds under after workout in the morning. 

Edited by Coachp
mistake

21 hours ago, Full Nelson said:

These guys are dead even now.  What a rivalry.

Most likely, JB is still considerably better. 

It's one thing to prepare for one particular opponent.  It's another thing to win a major international tournament.  Martinez has not done that.

Martinez's best result to date is third at the 2018 Medved where he finished behind two guys who never won a world medal.

I genuinely hope Martinez finds success.  But, at this time, I don't think he's proven to be on JB's level.

Edited by Katie

19 hours ago, russelscout said:

Yeah, like in football. When you get to the NFL, they never miss a call.

Missed calls are one thing.  I would compare this more to the non call at the end of last season that cost a team a probable  playoff win.  It happens about 1 time every 2 years in football and about every 20 minutes or so in wrestling.  It's been all we're talking about for two weeks.  Yianni/Zain and now this. Also, everyone watching football knows the rules better than the officials apparently know the rules in wrestling.  I swear sometimes it seems like they are just guessing how to score.  I don't see any resemblance at all.

10 hours ago, GockeS said:

I thank the people who provided the updates; it is my strong belief that there will always be those willing to post updates, just as there will always be those willing to post the matches to YouTube soon after they happen. I choose not to give flowrestling my money, so thanks but no thanks for your link. I would assume that you would choose not to send money to my paypal account for this lesson on freedom and free will when it comes to one's own earnings and property, but if I am mistaken, please let me know and I will provide you the account number and look forward to receiving your payment. 

it was just a joke.

however, i send my money to flo... i waited until last july... wanted to see my son up in fargo...and haven't regretted it one bit.

whats the problem?

and freeloading... isn't that kind of frowned upon? 

6 minutes ago, GockeS said:

it was just a joke.

however, i send my money to flo... i waited until last july... wanted to see my son up in fargo...and haven't regretted it one bit.

whats the problem?

and freeloading... isn't that kind of frowned upon? 

Obviously, my post was also tongue in cheek. I don't have a PayPal account, and I would never try to crowdfund without offering value in return. I'm glad to hear that your son was at Fargo; I congratulate him, and you. In a similar situation, I too would subscribe to Flo. I'm glad that you are satisfied with their product. I'm also sorry that you seem to see my reading blog updates and watching YouTube videos as "freeloading". Did you not read my lesson about freedom? "isn't that kind of frowned upon?" I guess it may be, as you use the passive voice without specifying who is doing the frowning. I imagine the investors at Flo frown on my "freeloading". Do you? I guess to be honest it's inconsequential; you see, I am indifferent to the "frowning" judges. I live my life with integrity, according to my rules and the values instilled in me by my parents, my beliefs, and my long life experience. Those values have taught me not to place too much importance on the frowning of others.

3 hours ago, Coachp said:

Anklepicker, you are wrong about the 'hard time making weight'....That was not the case in regard to almost missing weight,....watch at about the 1:50 mark where he days he was 2 pounds under after workout in the morning. 

he may have been 2 under at one point... but i had friends in the weigh in room telling a different story.

also coach, i missed in the vid where he talks about being 2 under.. i was working on something else while i listened... sorry...

Edited by GockeS

7 minutes ago, pa in taiwan said:

Obviously, my post was also tongue in cheek. I don't have a PayPal account, and I would never try to crowdfund without offering value in return. I'm glad to hear that your son was at Fargo; I congratulate him, and you. In a similar situation, I too would subscribe to Flo. I'm glad that you are satisfied with their product. I'm also sorry that you seem to see my reading blog updates and watching YouTube videos as "freeloading". Did you not read my lesson about freedom? "isn't that kind of frowned upon?" I guess it may be, as you use the passive voice without specifying who is doing the frowning. I imagine the investors at Flo frown on my "freeloading". Do you? I guess to be honest it's inconsequential; you see, I am indifferent to the "frowning" judges. I live my life with integrity, according to my rules and the values instilled in me by my parents, my beliefs, and my long life experience. Those values have taught me not to place too much importance on the frowning of others.

so is the problem you have with flo? 

i too was a free loader, tho i cared less about wrestling i suppose... i didn't come in here to get updates etc...

many do, i suppose i did to, not saying it's wrong.

I just wasn't going to spend the money hearing all the problems that seemed to be happening. I spent the money and have had zero problems.

just wondering what your problem with flo is?

and yes i understand about freedom. i wasn't aware you were giving a lesson however.

usually when someone says that i ignore the rest, b/c they are acting uppity and all. I frown on that.

but yeah you said you didn't care.

im sorry you got all in bunch.

Edited by GockeS

17 hours ago, GockeS said:

he may have been 2 under at one point... but i had friends in the weigh in room telling a different story.

also coach, i missed in the vid where he talks about being 2 under.. i was working on something else while i listened... sorry...

Oh, they absolutely were scrambling at the end, and Manning looked pretty worried, but my point is, it was not a hard pull that affected his performance. He said he was two under after morning workout, then was ok during the day, checking on the check scale, and another scale in the locker room, but the official scale was unavailable, and when made available for weigh ins, it was off from the check scale. Snyder was over on his first attempt as well.

You really need to watch and listen, he goes into good detail, and said he was followed around by a videographer who was working on a project, so his day was documented.