Wow - Graff just made me choke up. I like Colon and wasn't exactly pulling for Graff but am very very happy for that 30-year old good man who has persevered through a lot to just make his first world team and who it clearly means a lot to.

I have no problem with the endless turns. There's a reason we don't see them a lot; they are very hard to pull off. On another note, seeing Graff's win had me tearing up. Had no idea how old he was. He puts so much passion and heart into what he does. Truly rooting for him come Worlds. 

Edited by WrestleNJ

3 minutes ago, WrestleNJ said:

I have no problem with the endless turns. There's a reason we don't see them a lot; they are very hard to pull off. On another note, seeing Graff's win had me tearing up. Had no idea how old he was. He puts so much passion and heart into what he does. Truly rooting for him come Worlds. 

I think we saw them 3 times tonight between the elite.     I think they are too many points for essentially one move.

7 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Dude, Mike Mal thinks he is like super smart dude.

He still has better insight that some of the others try to give.  May not always be right but at least it’s texgnically info rather than random excitement yelling and hype stuff. I’d rather debate the importance of the higher level details then  buy into the pointless ramblings some of the others give us.  

Edited by MadMardigain

3 minutes ago, russelscout said:

What did he say in his interview? I missed it.

Making the world team meant so much to him - he could barely get words out. He probably felt ridiculous because he was trying really hard not to cry - but he shouldn't, it was awesome to see - how much the sport means to him and how much he has given to it and to achieve a pinnacle like this after so many 'almosts' it was touching to see. He said he is very thankful to God. He said he has been humbled a lot in wrestling and he is so grateful and blessed to still be doing it. He said his wife has supported him through many ups and downs and he said he is grateful to his wrestling club and Reece and his training partners and Princeton wrestling and so many others without whom he would not be here.

JB has to attack right after imar sprawls , like he did the first match to get the 2 towards the end. Fake imar will sprawl and while he is getting back to neutral attack. Imar is too stiff for jbs movement

Fix needs to attack the damn legs always his weakness

Just now, MadMardigain said:

He still has better insight that some of the others truly to give.  May not always be right but at least it’s texgnically info rather than random excitement yelling and hype stuff. 

I dont disagree with that. It just comes across funny some times, especially when you add in the spastic hand gestures.

2 minutes ago, RJChicago said:

Making the world team meant so much to him - he could barely get words out. He probably felt ridiculous because he was trying really hard not to cry - but he shouldn't, it was awesome to see - how much the sport means to him and how much he has given to it and to achieve a pinnacle like this after so many 'almosts' it was touching to see. He said he is very thankful to God. He said he has been humbled a lot in wrestling and he is so grateful and blessed to still be doing it. He said his wife has supported him through many ups and downs and he said he is grateful to his wrestling club and Reece and his training partners and Princeton wrestling and so many others without whom he would not be here.

Thank you. I became a Graff fan today.

12 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Huge props to Imart, but JB looks old. 

wrestling is a young mans game,  almost everybody starts to decline in their late 20s, for JB to still be on top in his 30s is beyond impressive.

20 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Huge props to Imart, but JB looks old. 

I was thinking the same thing. Going to be awfully surprised if he is able to make the Olympic team next year. In fact, if he doesn't win a medal at the world's and get the bye all the way to finals, I don't think he can make the team.

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

They are pretty hit or miss for me. There have been a couple that really pointed out a strategy I hadn't noticed.... others he had missed the mark.

Sometimes you learn something.  Always it is like watching a late night infomercial for exercise equipment.

I have never seen that called a takedown before. I'm not an uber-freestyle expert, but the leg in that deep in that position held by the defensive position is always held not to be a takedown.

Edited by RJChicago