Jump to content
Jimmy Cinnabon

Is PSU the favorite next year now that Cassar and Rasheed are back?

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Jaysus said:

For what is worth, I do not expect to see RBY at 133 this year.  He is currently weighing in at 143 and said that he is working on gaining weight.  My guess that if he does not red shirt this year (which he hinted at) is that we see him at 149. 

That’s the first I heard this. 143 sounds like it’s still within striking distance of 133... certainly a long ways off from being big enough for 149. Plus, who would replace him at 33? That could really hurt Penn States chance at a title so I can’t see them doing that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

That’s the first I heard this. 143 sounds like it’s still within striking distance of 133... certainly a long ways off from being big enough for 149. Plus, who would replace him at 33? That could really hurt Penn States chance at a title so I can’t see them doing that

I agree, that is why the fact that he is working on gaining weight now threw me off guard. That combined he way he hinted at red shirting "Nobody knows what I am going to do next season, I may red shirt" has me real curious what 133 would look like at PSU without RBY there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone explain the Medical rules to me. I just dont see how Cassar gets another year after he wins a NCAA title. shouldn't a wrestler have to Apply for a Medical within a certain time frame of said Injury. I'm not familiar with his situation as a whole. When did his injury acur?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sublime607 said:

Can someone explain the Medical rules to me. I just dont see how Cassar gets another year after he wins a NCAA title. shouldn't a wrestler have to Apply for a Medical within a certain time frame of said Injury. I'm not familiar with his situation as a whole. When did his injury acur?

I think you have to wait for your normal eligibility to expire before applying for medical waiver 6th year. I don't follow those kinds of rules closely, but people write stuff like this on various boards so I am just passing along what I have read. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I think you have to wait for your normal eligibility to expire before applying for medical waiver 6th year. I don't follow those kinds of rules closely, but people write stuff like this on various boards so I am just passing along what I have read. 

Ok thanks. Just think its weird to try and review a situation that could take place 2 or 3 years ago. And in his case potentially when he couldn't earn starting spot in the first place. All red shirt freshman that cant win a spot yet should just have their dormmate take a hammer to their hand.

Edited by Sublime607

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sublime607 said:

Ok thanks. Just think its weird to try and review a situation that could take place 2 or 3 years ago. And in his case potentially when he couldn't earn starting spot in the first place. All red shirt freshman that cant win a spot yet should just have their dormmate take a hammer to their hand.

You do realize he suffered multiple injuries in athletic competition, right? Injured vs India in World Juniors, re-injured same shoulder vs Chase Singletary the following year in Junior Team Trials. Nobody took a hammer to his hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

You do realize he suffered multiple injuries in athletic competition, right? Injured vs India in World Juniors, re-injured same shoulder vs Chase Singletary the following year in Junior Team Trials. Nobody took a hammer to his hand. 

It was a joke like I said I was unaware of his injury history. More or less I was thinking that a gray area could exist with Medical shirts in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...