Jump to content
headshuck

J'Den "Lion Slayer" Cox

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

Yeah, wrestling up two weight classes and losing 4-3 to an Olympic and world champion, how embarrassing. 

He also lost to Bergman for 3rd. Both OSU guys. He finished behind, Varner, Snyder and Bergman(all guys bigger than him) in his first event at the senior level. Amazing actually. Just pointing out he does slay PSU guys but OSU guys has been a different story. 

Edited by PRyan2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PRyan2012 said:

He also lost to Bergman for 3rd. Both OSU guys. He finished behind, Varner, Snyder and Bergman(all guys bigger than him) in his first event at the senior level. Amazing actually. Just pointing out he does slay PSU guys but OSU guys has been a different story. 

You keep saying Cox lost to Bergman, but did they actually wrestle a match at the 2015 Open?  Track lists it as an injury default and I don't find any mention of an actual match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FlyinLion said:

You keep saying Cox lost to Bergman, but did they actually wrestle a match at the 2015 Open?  Track lists it as an injury default and I don't find any mention of an actual match.

This is correct.  After losing to Synder, Cox won a consi semi vs. Michalak 4-1.  But he is badly hurting a the end of it, to the point that he asked the ref to raise his left arm because he can't lift his right one.  He then injury defaulted out of the 3rd place match.

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/5516272-97kg-c-jden-cox-missouri-wrestling-foundation-vs-wynn-michalak-titan-mercury-wrestling-club-2mp4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I could have easily verified. Been to about 20 of these Opens WTT/OTT. Was all running together. I know I watched the match though. Anyway I was not trying to down Cox but was just having fun saying he loses to Buckeyes:-) He actually came right into the senior level banging with the best guys at 213. Surprised he dropped. I wonder if he would have kept Kyle from makes 4 teams in a row in the coming years?

Edited by PRyan2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t fault him for not slaying any buckeyes.

 

According to The Ohio State University's athletics department website, a buckeye is "a small, shiny, dark brown nut with a light tan patch that comes from the official state tree of Ohio, the buckeye tree."

 

He’s a lion slayer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 6:01 PM, headshuck said:

Can’t fault him for not slaying any buckeyes.

 

According to The Ohio State University's athletics department website, a buckeye is "a small, shiny, dark brown nut with a light tan patch that comes from the official state tree of Ohio, the buckeye tree."

 

He’s a lion slayer.

As long as we're doing definitions:

Bergman is a surname of German, Swedish, Dutch, and Yiddish origin meaning 'mountain man.'

The lion slayer couldn't handle the mountain man that day...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...