Jimmy Cinnabon

Most annoying commentator catchphrases?

5 hours ago, HokieHWT said:

It really pissed me off during all of Lewis’s matches last year. Yes he’s athletic but he’s also a damn good wrestler.

Thats a thing, but if you want to argue against it you need to catch someone in the space of the same dual meet bragging over Jason Nolf's work ethic and this transition to Mark Hall's freakish athleticism. The blanket statement that you can't call black people athletic is gonna be counter productive. 

Edited by hammerlockthree

14 hours ago, Mphillips said:

"What's your mindset?"

"What was your mindset?"

"What is your mindset?"

"What's your mindset like...?"

"What was your mindset coming in?"

UGH!!!!

those all sound like Quint Kessenich. Another annoying one from him is "How do you characterize                ??"

I was looking forward to a lazy Sunday afternoon in 2012. Watch some PSU wrestling. I was surprised with comedic gold. 

Stallmate. Reversals instead of takedowns. Thinking Koehn had any sort of control when he was in Ruth's cradle. All was fantastic. 

For reference for one of the best of the match... 

Edited by TLS62pa

Also, not a good way to start the broadcast. I didn't remember this one. Of course, there's the illegal fist to the back- which to add to it as I recall, they said it was head coach Manning calling for it but I thought it was Snyder.

The other scenario I recall was in one of the matches the Nebraska guy had top in the 2nd or 3rd and the PSU guy would stand up, Nebraska would mat return him and the announcers were incredulous that no takedown was called.

4 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Also, not a good way to start the broadcast. I didn't remember this one. Of course, there's the illegal fist to the back- which to add to it as I recall, they said it was head coach Manning calling for it but I thought it was Snyder.

The other scenario I recall was in one of the matches the Nebraska guy had top in the 2nd or 3rd and the PSU guy would stand up, Nebraska would mat return him and the announcers were incredulous that no takedown was called.

You are definitely correct on the no-takedown calls. Man I need to find this full broadcast somewhere...

20 hours ago, TLS62pa said:

I was looking forward to a lazy Sunday afternoon in 2012. Watch some PSU wrestling. I was surprised with comedic gold. 

Stallmate. Reversals instead of takedowns. Thinking Koehn had any sort of control when he was in Ruth's cradle. All was fantastic. 

For reference for one of the best of the match... 

That was hilarious!  Very little they got right in that broadcast.

A few good comments at 197- the first couple times he mentioned Cael- he's a very fine wrestler- 4x All-American.

And the other, announcer mentioned how he seldom saw this much speed at this high of a weight. Considering it doesn't sound like he EVER saw this high of a weight before this ...