Sign in to follow this  
PRyan2012

Askren advises Nickal should go U23

2 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

I’m thinking if Bo does take the wrestle off he will go 92, if he wanted a spot at 86 he would’ve went 86 for seniors.  Where he had more than a reasonable shot at making the team. 

Taylor doesn't wrestle U23

1 minute ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

You are right I did, because you didn’t have one 

LOL says the guy who thought David Taylor was U23.

Let me simplify it for you:  Nickal did not go 86 for seniors because his friend and training partner David Taylor wrestles 86 and Bo has supposedly said he would never wrestle DT,

That is why he went 92 for US Open and WTT, so he and Taylor would not meet.  

All despite the fact that a very well-fed Bo Nickal weighed 87kg for the 92 kg weigh in last week.

Pretty sure a well-fed 87 kg could cut to 86.

2 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Let me simplify it for you:  Nickal did not go 86 for seniors because his friend and training partner David Taylor wrestles 86 and Bo has supposedly said he would never wrestle DT,

All despite the fact that a very well-fed Bo Nickal weighed 87kg for the 92 kg weigh in last week.

May be true but as we've seen kind've silly because they would not have met, and he could've always ducked (Carl likes duck) DT in the final X.  You never know what might happen so go at you best weight.

3 hours ago, AHamilton said:

At what point did I say Taylor was U23, I basically said the same thing. Perhaps have an original thought 

4 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Taylor doesn't wrestle U23

4 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Maybe not but he should. Get the international experience, and it won’t mess with ncaa season anymore. 

4 hours ago, AHamilton said:

I think you missed my point.

4 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

You are right I did, because you didn’t have one 

There ya go buddy!

David Taylor is not eligible for U23.  I think that was the point that was missed. 

He's long in the tooth now, well past being 23.  In fact, we can go back 4 years and he still would be too old. 

Not to worry, a healthy DT will get it done in the Olympics, unless he has to face Burroughs, Dake, or Cox.  Ha ha!!   Actually, I think he is our rep next year.

mspart

1 hour ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

I was talking about Nickal the entire time of my point. Never once talking about Taylor. Only you were talking about Taylor buddy!!

lol so let me explain...Bo should go 86 at U23 because he won't have to wrestle DT or even have to really cut.

3 hours ago, scribe said:

My grandma could qualify for u23

Yeah but your grandma has 100 years of wrestling experience.  None of the other u23s have even 1/4 that level of experience. ;)