Jump to content
1986

Do the right thing USA Wrestling

Recommended Posts

Anyone care to relay what exactly is the status of the match? Been a busy week or so.

Haven't even listened to either FRL this week...

I do believe they have until the week before worlds to force Dake to wrestle? How is that worded?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Anyone care to relay what exactly is the status of the match? Been a busy week or so.

Haven't even listened to either FRL this week...

I do believe they have until the week before worlds to force Dake to wrestle? How is that worded?

Dake team said Dake has doctor's note not clearing him to wrestle until 8/17.  Dieringer team apparently (sounds like John Smith specifically) is pushing back saying Dake could and should go now and they are ready.  Not sure how they are going to argue against medical document but still just back and forth.

Edited by misterc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rules on this are clear. You can’t change the rules now because Ringer wants to wrestle Dake earlier. 

Dake has every right to delay it until the last possible moment. I don’t like it, but I get why the rules allow for that. The goal is to have the best team possible so they give a lot of power to the returning world medalist.   

Given how good the US has been for the last few years, I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m the next cycle only a returning world gold sits out, or maybe a returning medalist sits out to the WTT finals but a returning gold sits out to FinalX or something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It’s absolutely hilarious to me that people are making smart a** comments in regard to this guys toughness and desire to compete. Definition of keyboard warriors. 

Why pretend you're going to wrestle in Vegas and then act like you are going to wrestle in Final X until a couple days before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Why pretend you're going to wrestle in Vegas and then act like you are going to wrestle in Final X until a couple days before?

It seems that if you are a prince in wrestling like Dake or Taylor you don't get called on cheap deception.

People say it is within the rules so anything goes.  I say it stinks and it harms other wrestlers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Full Nelson said:

It seems that if you are a prince in wrestling like Dake or Taylor you don't get called on cheap deception.

People say it is within the rules so anything goes.  I say it stinks and it harms other wrestlers.

I have definitely called out both Dake and taylor for not making their announcements earlier. It is extremely frustrating, especially considering they were the main attraction for FinalX Rutgers (many fans bought tickets based on them being there) and in Taylor’s case, it meant Downey was given the spot. Not Downey’s fault, but I want our beat available guy going. If that is Downey? Awesome. I imagine a few other guys would’ve gone for it if taylor had announced it when he found out. 

  

I still don’t want anyone to break the rules and force Dake to wrestle off early. The rules have to be followed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont care if it is JB, Snyder, Dake or Taylor, Whatever rules they make giving exceptions before the final scheduled date is fine but on that date they need to show up.  They have already received 6 weeks of healing time their competitors did not , that's enough.

However, I dont know, and cant find.. the actual rules on this.  Hopefully the clauses are specific so they are not abused, but doesnt sound way.  I can see these rules being abused for strategy reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least dake can't complain that the rules are unfairly working against him anymore. Then again, he is a Koll product so he will likely still complain if needed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Why pretend you're going to wrestle in Vegas and then act like you are going to wrestle in Final X until a couple days before?

Possible they were running on hope. Hoping they would be ready sooner than the Doctors said? Most I know think they can 'beat the system' on overcoming illness or injury. Most I know think they will heal faster and be ready quicker than those who advise them.

So, wait til you are told "absolutely NO" before you let others know.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

Possible they were running on hope. Hoping they would be ready sooner than the Doctors said? Most I know think they can 'beat the system' on overcoming illness or injury. Most I know think they will heal faster and be ready quicker than those who advise them.

So, wait til you are told "absolutely NO" before you let others know.

 

He absolutely knew he wasn't wrestling in Vegas to challenge Burroughs if he wasn't doing stance and motion until March or whatever.

Plus he knew he could schedule the matches for whenever, so why rush?

Then again, Functional Patterns is the only way to go... so maybe he really did think he could be ready for Burroughs in Vegas.

Edited by AHamilton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alwayswrestling said:

Get rid of the ref’s of Retherford and Fix matches for a starter.  USA a true “Old Boy’s” club!

was it the same ref...someone on one of the threads made mention about that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×